Delta Goodrem - General Discussion | Page 90 | The Popjustice Forum

Delta Goodrem - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mattieh, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

Ok sis, so you release an actual album now that Xmas album you plopped out did well on the charts!

2. I just came to say the same, I'm really pleasantly surprised at the top 5 placement, considering no preorders and the surprise release and at a relatively competitive time.

Does anyone know the sales?

Bring on the actual album!

Do we know if she is performing at the ARIAs, I assume it is a given as she's presenting.
    I would love her to do both Solid Gold and Only Santa Knows.

3. I love how Delta is becoming Australia’s Kelly Clarkson. First The Voice, then presenting award shows, I’m now waiting for The Delta Goodrem Show.

Island likes this.
  5. See, she’s half way there

mattieh likes this.
  6. I’m also so pleasantly surprised with number 5, and hope it can grow a bit.

After the poor chart performance of the singles this year, I’ve been worried. But number five for a Christmas album that was surprise released with no prom... pretty awesome.

mattieh likes this.
  7. I'm absolutely living for Delta's high-collared cowgirl look! She looks beautiful.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    mattieh likes this.
  8. She is.

9. Excellent news!

10. So when I said Delta is becoming the new Kelly Clarkson....

andru, Robert and mattieh like this.
  11. Is Delta that well received though? Most things I see about her, mostly from general public are negative and borderline horrendous.

12. Correct. Majority of the Australian general public do not like her at all.

Blayke likes this.
  13. I have no idea as I don’t live in Australia so don’t know the perception there, but I don’t think she gets the level of criticism she got when she first started The Voice. I think as she gets older she’ll get more and more adoration that Olivia gets

POPGASM likes this.
  14. Why though? She's a sweetheart.

mattieh likes this.
  15. Having the likes of Morse Code, Waiting For Forever and Uncovered in HQ in my music library? Delta said "Don't worry 2020, I'll save you"

16. Island

Island Staff Member

I think it’s because people think she’s fake and overexposed.

Blayke likes this.
  17. From what I can gather, a lot of Aussies weren't particularly fond of her on The Voice and that reputation seems to have steamrolled with general public / casual fans. Her music and voice remains great but there seems to be a disconnect with the Australian General Public.

18. Cute clip of a video for Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree. Not sure if it'll be released in full at all, but she's asking fans to join in with the "ooh oohs" via Tik Tok.

mattieh likes this.
  19. Album down to number 11 in Australia.
    Considering it only sold 1600 to get to number 5, I believe, I dread to think what a number 11 album sells.
    Hopefully it will remain to chart over the coming weeks and doesn't drop.

The vinyl is out on 11th, which may give it a slight boost that week.

20. From memory Delta was popular during her first 3 albums. Since joining the voice, her popularity has plummeted and has received lots of criticism. I feel she has not come across well on the voice, and her image has been changed from girl next door to little miss ego. The Olivia thing also received harsh criticism.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.