Delta Goodrem - Only Santa Knows | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Delta Goodrem - Only Santa Knows

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mattieh, Nov 12, 2020.

1. I wonder what the sales were like, shame Taylor couldn't couldn't a week to release her album but still 2 is great!

believeagain likes this.
  2. I’d love to know the sales too. I wonder how many copies she missed out by.

mattieh likes this.
  3. Apparently Delta is really close to the #1 this week in Australia. I really hope she can clinch it.

4. It's annoying that her two albums that missed the top spot (so far) were both blocked by Taylor Swift.
    (I am intentionally excluding the Olivia Newton John soundtrack from her albums.)
    Would be great for her to get the Christmas album number 1 though!

Robsolete likes this.
  5. My copy still hasn’t arrived in the U.K.

6. Same, and when I asked JB HiFi about it they simply refunded half my postage costs and said they sent it on 11th November.
    Wasn't really looking for a refund, more an update.

7. My vinyl shipped yesterday so that'll definitely be a Christmas 2021 spin now. I'm so impressed by how they've handled this campaign. There seems to be a lot of Delta love at the moment and they'd be foolish to not follow this up quickly with the new album in Q1.

Txetxu likes this.
  8. From what Delta has said the album is out before the tour so I’m guessing March? Gives 3 months to save up on the bundles knowing that she has now cottoned onto this. Between her, Kylie and Steps, I’m surprised I’m not bankcrupt

Chris Lala and Robbietoxic like this.
  9. JB HiFi haven’t even replied to my email so I’ve sent another but still not had a reply. Mean while, the item still hasn’t turned up. Going to wait another week and will then contact my credit card company for a refund.

10. I've used them so many times before but they do seem to be a little useless at the moment, I'm just guessing it's the fact all the Christmas mail is causing the delays?!

Christopher1985 likes this.
  11. but is her tour still going on?

12. Well I don’t want to jinx it for Australians, but they do seem to be handling this pandemic a lot better then Europe....

KylieFever2002 likes this.
  13. We are. But even I think the tour will be postponed. It doesn't seem likely for even us to have crowded arena shows in a few months time.

14. Only Santa Knows has broken through the 2 million streams on Spotify. Sitting at 2,190,624. It was streamed 330,004 times on Christmas day with this as the breakdown:

Aus Spotify Chart #61 150,523 streams
    NZ Spotify Chart #90 17,812 streams

Delta's monthly listeners on Spotify has shot up to 1,873,957.

The album lands at #3 on this week's ARIA Albums chart, slipping one place. From last weeks sales i think it's roughly sold around 15,000 copies in total in Australia.

All in all, although I was dubious of Delta releasing a Christmas album. It's paid wonders for her in getting her listenership up on streaming. Hopefully even a fraction may have delved into her catalogue and hopefully this builds up ready for the next album.

Fuchsia, mattieh and Robbietoxic like this.
  15. Yeah it’s been an absolute triumph for her streaming numbers.

Hopefully, and I feel like they’re ready for this, the album comes really quickly in 2021 to capitalise on it.

Then she’ll be free to push a reissue of the Christmas album next year.

Fuchsia, Robbietoxic and mattieh like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.