Delta Goodrem - Wings Of The Wild | Page 56 | The Popjustice Forum

Delta Goodrem - Wings Of The Wild

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BEST FICTION, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This album is cohesive not samey.

She hasn't had an album this cohesive since Mistaken Identity.

2. Anyone know where I can get me Morse Code?

I have the album sitting and waiting on iTunes. Cannot wait to play it after the praise it's received in this thread!

Island likes this.
  3. Island

Island Staff Member

Where could I find 'Morse Code'?

jordxn likes this.
  4. You guys aren't missing much, it's very... DELTA album.

5. Island

Island Staff Member

WAIT AT THE DIANA VICKERS THING BEING TRUE!

I really like it. It's cute. The soundscape is very updated Delta album. I like it a lot.

6. I'm glad more people are starting to notice the brilliance of Encore. What a bop!

7. Encore is the one that I keep singing, getting stuck in my head!

8. Island

Island Staff Member

I'm so jealous of all the Australians that get to see her on tour.

How is this doing on Australian iTunes?

9. #2 behind blink-182.

Dear Life at #31
    Enough at #54
    Wings at #64
    I Believe In A Thing Called Love at #121
    Only Human at #122
    Heavy at #144
    Encore at #190

Island likes this.
  10. The whole album is very dramatic and works with the title and cover art. Too early for me to give a definite opinion yet. I hope it does well for her.

Island likes this.
  11. Here's some art with FELINE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Island and Robsolete like this.
  12. It's TOP 20 In the UK

Robsolete and Island like this.
  13. I know it won't but I'd absolutely love it if it made the top 40 here.

Island likes this.
  14. Didn't Innocent Eyes go triple platinum over here in the UK?

It's a pity she lost so many fans here with Mistaken Identity which for me is still her best record.

15. I just started my first listen. Feline sounds like a breakthrough.

16. Island

Island Staff Member

Brian McFadden ha impact

17. I am extremely pleased and truly surprised. I had faith in Wings all along, but when it got followed up by Dear Life I felt like the album could be leaning a bit too much towards 'safe and cliche' territory. Instead, it is shockingly good. An exploration of an aspect of her sound she had never focused on before, a fitting "I will survive" theme running through the tracklist that matches the sonic direction perfectly and feels like a poignant statement about where she is with her career, and a focused attempt where the songs are not left to spiral out of control lyrically and melodically like pretty much everything on Child Of The Universe did.

Encore and Hold On are so old-school pop, Heavy sounds like Innocent Eyes pt.2 especially during the second half, Enough is an obvious single even if probably not strong enough to be the one to coincide with/boost the album release (that should have probably been In The Name Of Love and the direct follow-up to Wings), Only Human sounds perfectly at home on here and feels much more important in this context. Even Dear Life sounds good here, even if it's clearly the weakest thing and not single-worthy at all. And everything else I didn't mention is amazing too.

After the first listen, the album sounds too ballad heavy for its own good, or at least it feels very grating that it's too crowded with ballads during the second half. It could do with a couple more uptempos.

Island likes this.
  18. Delta is coming for that UK coin. I'm proud to say that I've brought it. Multiple times.

Smooth Criminal and Island like this.
  19. I played Feline at work earlier and one of the regulars commented on what a bop it was.

I quickly pointed her in the direction of Delta's iTunes page.

Knightr634 and Island like this.
  20. two new ones.
    both using dear life logo

COTU font

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Island and Chris_P like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.