Delta Goodrem - Wings Of The Wild | Page 61 | The Popjustice Forum

Delta Goodrem - Wings Of The Wild

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BEST FICTION, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's the opposite of genuine.

2. I'm with everyone else, I find her to be one of the friendliest and most genuine singers around- especially after meeting her, when she was touched by everyone militantly stanning for her.

Island, biffy77 and John1983 like this.
  3. I'm just saying why Australia didn't like her. Most seem to have been turned by The Voice and like her again.

4. I think she was 'fake' to an extent for a while. I'd say the DELTA era. Media trained into squeaky clean Australian Nicest Princess caricature. She's always been incredibly kind and incredibly genuine but I think there was a disconnect for a while in how she was conveyed to the public - even the music stopped feeling real on that album. And then all the endorsements (like wasn't she endorsing three products at the same time as one point? Not even Cheryl would!)

I think she's broken free of all that rubbish which is why things are turning again for her and it's great to see.

Like this album is probably her most pop alongside DELTA but it feels far more earnest and credible whereas that album was a personality-free piece of inoffensive cardboard.

Island likes this.
  5. Island

Island Staff Member

Rachel Stevens is pretty inoffensive unless she's leaving her children in parked cars while running into the store for a bit. Rachel was too boring to be offensive.

Utopia and Mikey1701 like this.
  6. The backlash started whilst she had cancer, believe it or not. People saying the reason her album spent a record amount of time at #1 and her record Aria wins was because she had cancer. Shortly after, I remember people finding it hilarious & somewhat celebrating the fact that her then boyfriend cheated on her with Paris Hilton.

7. I Think that's just sick.
    she's a strong, beautiful, individual, and I don't get why the hate.

biffy77, John1983 and Island like this.
  8. It's a nice coherent album. Solid 8/10 from me. I just don't absolutely love it. Yet.

9. [​IMG]

10. Island

Island Staff Member

Okay but like... my mom left me in the car for like 5 minutes when I was younger a few times. It's harmless.

joe_alouder likes this.
  11. Island

Island Staff Member

How many songs did she record for this?

12. What does that mean?

I've been losing interest in her in the recent years... but I'll be buying the album someday.

13. That key change in 'Heavy' continues to destroy me.

14. Morse Code is being given out as a download for people who buy tickets to her Australian tour.

15. I just got 'Morse Code' - and it's the fucking best thing she recorded for this album. Yath Delta! Gimme those indecipherable messages!

Island likes this.
  16. YOU DON'T UUUUNDASTAAAAAAAAND!!!!

Island likes this.
  17. I won't feel bad finding that online, considering there's no way I can attend that tour.

snoho, andru, joe_alouder and 2 others like this.
  18. The only one I'm not feeling at the moment is 'I'm Not Giving Up'. It's nice but the chorus is a bit awkward. It never really goes anywhere.

19. Island

Island Staff Member

'Morse Code' is amazing.

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.