Demi Lovato - Dancing With the Devil: The Art of Starting Over | Page 156 | The Popjustice Forum

Demi Lovato - Dancing With the Devil: The Art of Starting Over

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, May 24, 2018.

1. I made two different tracklistings with the 'moods' of the album, a pop one and a breezy one and that's that. The only two tracks that do share their placing in both tracklistings are 'Melon Cake' and '15 Minutes', but the rest of them are vastly different.

BREEZY Edition.

1. Intro
    2. The Art Of Starting Over
    3. Lonely People
    4. The Way You Don't Look At Me
    5. Melon Cake
    6. 15 Minutes

7. What Other People Say
    8. Carefully
    9. The Kind Of Lover I Am
    10. California Sober
    11. Mad World
    12. Butterfly
    13. Good Place

POP Edition.

1. Intro
    2. Dancing With The Devil
    3. OK Not To Be OK
    4. Melon Cake
    5. I Love Me
    6. I'm Ready
    7. My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriend
    8. Met Him Last Night
    9. 15 Minutes
    10. Sunset
    11. Easy
    12. ICU
    13. Anyone

2. The way that breezy edition destroys pop edition though.

3. Now the #1 album on UK iTunes and Amazon + #3 on Apple Music.

She's coming for that #1 album!

4. Get the album for free on iTunes.

DM @TeamDemiFunds on Twitter and they'll send you £4.99 to buy the album on UK iTunes

5. Well the Breezy Edition is just what the album should have been, with the Ari & Saweetie collabs as bonus tracks.

6. Update on the signed card from the UK store...

kingbm likes this.
  7. They've released a single on Spotify for Met Him Last Night and Ariana has been bumped up to being a lead credit:

8. She actually seems to have a hit on her hands there, so a great choice!

A pipe dream perhaps but it would be nice if we got some random album track TV performances à la Golden Hour. The 'breezy' side of the album isn't exactly single worthy but they really deserve the exposure, could be cute for the inevitable Grammy campaign too.

9. RMK

RMK

It feels like they assigned too low of a rating, the review is good.

10. It's an overstuffed pop album & they're Pitchfork. Relatively speaking, 6.5 is a good score from them.

11. The way I knew instantly whose fanbase he's referring to.

12. Whew those Trump-supporting Lana Del Rey twinks on Twitter must be vicious.

13. Ahhh I wondered why she was still signing cards on her stories for U.K. fans, at least hers seem legit and not one of those pen machines

blaze_dave likes this.
  14. This album is so great! Had it on repeat loads. Which I'm really happy about as I didn't really care for Tell Me You Love Me. The last album of hers that I enjoyed was Demi*, so from a personal point of view, I'm loving the fact I'm enjoying a Demi Lovato album in full again.

*Actually, the only other album of hers that I enjoy in full is Here We Go Again.

15. Tell Me You Love is great too, closing with the acoustic No Promises was a good choice.

topopMAC1 likes this.
  16. The tweet wouldn’t even make sense if this wasn’t a widespread problem spanning multiple fan bases. The Twitter stans are just messy across the board.

nooniebao likes this.
  17. I mean I want her to get the number 1 but I am starting to hate these tactics...

I’m all for bundles and reducing the price to an extent but they shouldn’t have put a brand new bundle up as limited, let it sell out, then put it back up reduced less than 24 hours later.

Maybe I’m just bitter because I have like 4 bundles ordered and nothing has even dispatched yet.

Staticboombox likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.