Demi Lovato - Dancing With the Devil: The Art of Starting Over | Page 175 | The Popjustice Forum

Demi Lovato - Dancing With the Devil: The Art of Starting Over

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, May 24, 2018.

1. They probably blew through the promo budget with the year-and-a-half campaign of discarded singles leading into the album.

2. It's a low-key Covid19 release!!

3. I don't know why but I'm super confused about the wording of this...what does this mean?

On another note, I haven't returned to the album at all since release week. It's not bad and I won't skip a song if it comes on, but I don't really have the desire to seek the songs out on my own. It's a shame they've let this entire campaign just go off the rails. I kind of expected it to be different this time because Scooter is involved, but I guess it's still Demetria at the end of the day.

rubirubi likes this.
  4. Uno

Uno

It means it was her first album to leave the Top 100 in just 7 weeks. All her other stuff lasted longer on the chart.

The congrats was sarcastic.

rubirubi and Truce like this.
  5. If they had worked on some songs from the second part of the album (which is what matters) as singles, maybe things would be different. Carefully and California Sober might be great singles, the world would be better if Anyone hadn't seen the light of day. The doc didn't make any favor too

6. The backdrop, the mic they're holding.....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. RMK

RMK

I feel like they didn’t put a lot into much of those, though. What Other People Say was handled by Sam Fischer’s team.

8. After the Grammys, Super Bowl national anthem, BBMAs, Biden’s inauguration, and the docuseries, Scooter probably spent whatever was left in the budget on buying Justin’s Grammy nominations for Changes.

9. The hair is so, so, so bad, it doesn't flatter her in the slightest.

10. their/them

Espeon, Push, heavymetalGAGA and 23 others like this.
  11. How iiiiinteresting that holding a mic with ‘zero sugar’ on it while looking at a mic with ‘zero sugar’ on it while standing in front of a backdrop plastered with ‘Zero Sugar’ didn’t trigger Demi in the slightest.

I guess they’re only triggered when it’s a small company they can bully and not a multi million dollar business that they wants to promote themselves on.

Iiiiinteresting.

[​IMG]

12. Tribute performance for Elton John with H.E.R. & Brandi Carlile from last night’s iHeartRadio Awards:

13. Not Demi's album having more words in the title than weeks on the chart. Their stans dragging #that man in the replies and the quotes...

soratami, aux, Jwentz and 2 others like this.
  14. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I think the album’s actually done remarkably well despite its trainwreck rollout. It definitely feels like it’s made more of a splash on social media than Tell Me You Love Me which really just came and went.

15. The jokes literally write themselves.

Verandi likes this.

16. I forgot that it was Demi and Selena, who used to be besties. This video is so iconic. Where’s the good sis Mandy now?

17. Performances for YouTube Pride 2021:

18. They have a talk show coming to Roku. Let the mess begin!

19. This is gonna give us so many disastrous moments

Can't wait!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.