Demi Lovato - Dancing With the Devil: The Art of Starting Over | Page 176 | The Popjustice Forum

Demi Lovato - Dancing With the Devil: The Art of Starting Over

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, May 24, 2018.

1. RMK

RMK

I'm sure zero-sugar, gluten free snacks will also be given a mention.

lushLuck likes this.
  2. I’m gonna need the promo to be of them stomping around Roku city like Nicki Minaj’s perfume commercial.

[​IMG]

Push, Poker Pro, Andy French and 6 others like this.
  3. I revisted the album yesterday and was reminded how much I love it dddd.

I am not prepared for the mess that the talk show will be.

4. Carefully is the one.

jk-ennedy, Music Is Death and Secret like this.
  5. I really enjoy the album after the the 3 tracks at the beginning. Really surprised there was no vinyl done.

breakaway and Music Is Death like this.
  6. Definitely in my top 5 but I don't actually think I could pick a favorite ddd.
    Same! I would have loved one of this. Maybe it'll still happen, it's only been a few months.

blaze_dave likes this.
  7. I'm surprised Paris even invited Demi after the froyo incident.

8. Judging from the hair, it looks like this was filmed before froyogate.

9. They're doing Rock In Rio in Brazil next year (with Justin as a headliner).

10. RMK

RMK

This album is actually great, and it's a shame that it got driven into the ground. They should've out the gate pushed "My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriend". It's a solid bop and has viral potential.

I don't understand the lack of preparation and terrible, terrible single choices.

11. Nn yeah there's still plenty of strong material here they could've worked with. Shame about her personality tanking the campaign once again!

12. After 'I love me' and 'It's ok not to be ok' kind of underperformed, I'd have followed them with:

My girlfriends are my boyfriend.
    Met him last night -lead single with stellar video-

--album release--

The way you don't look at me.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  13. Melon Cake music video is live on Facebook:

14. I thought this era was over?

15. Oh, I love the "Melon Cake" video

16. The product placement at the beginning at a place called "Scooter's Cakes" almost made me click out of it.

17. This was a surprise to me but I doubt we’re getting another single. Their label mate Olivia O’Brien claims Island is having leadership/financial issues.

18. Perhaps being non-binary is truly Demi’s truth, but i feel like this quote is skating dangerously close to what people were worried about when Demi came out as gender non-conforming, that it’s just something that they are trying on.

I assume Gender non-conforming it’s similar to being trans in that it’s not something you find you are but then change as you get older, that it’s your core truth and being.

Being non-binary then coming to a realisation you are actually trans, sure. But I feel like what happens is in a years time Demi ‘gets bored’ of being Gender non-conforming and it becomes ‘a kooky thing they did’ which would be frustrating to no end.

Sigh.

19. "Exhausting" is the word that comes to mind with this person.

20. Y'all are so weird about Demi exploring their gender identity. They could wake up one day and announce they're actually cis and still change their mind and I wouldn't think of making these broad statements of "gender cosplay" or whatever. Bigots are going to do their shit regardless of what path trans and gender non-conforming lives take.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.