Demi Lovato - HOLY FVCK (8th Album - Aug 19th) | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Demi Lovato - HOLY FVCK (8th Album - Aug 19th)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, May 26, 2022.

1. I'm a little bit obsessed with this, especially the Judas redux middle 8.

fistcity, sesita and Wishlight like this.
  2. I loved Tell Me You Love Me but they have such a great voice for pop rock, this is a serve. Would love some stripped Don’t Forget/Catch Me moments on the album too though.

3. There needed to be a bit of a production change to make the chorus stand out, probably take out one of the instruments in the verses to save it for the chorus. All in all, it’s a fun song, this sound is such a shoot for them.

Truce likes this.
  4. Island

Island Staff Member

Why is it so quiet?

steste and lushLuck like this.
  5. Bjork’s best song:

6. I just have to say - I can imagine it's anything but easy to be so upfront about all of the times you get knocked down and don't conquer your demons, and I really commend them for doing it anyway. Especially after the documentary and everything last year, I just know it has to fucking suck to admit that you stumbled and fell again. I honestly don't think I could do it, I'd curl up into myself and never come out, so I do think that's really admirable to just be so upfront about it and own it completely. I'm one of the first ones to call Demi out on their shit, but I'll always genuinely wish the best for them and be supportive of their journey...even if they only give us a bop or two per album cycle.

On topic though - I kind of hated the video at first and while I still don't love it, I do appreciate how it leans into the late 2000's aesthetic that their early career was built on. The guitar playing solo moment was a fun callback to the Don't Forget video. If Demi gives us anything as good as those first two albums, I'm all in for this era. Skin of My Teeth is continuing to grow on me still so I'm excited for what's to come.

7. I like the idea of the video, but it could have been executed better. Looked a little low budget? I think having a classic performance set up with an audience instead of the empty warehouse would have done wonders for the energy, and I think the bathroom setup should have had more to it? Like maybe seeing the dude around the house. Staying in the bathroom felt so static. Would have also been cool to see the album cover brought to life.

I will say the scene where that man crawled on top of Demi and choked her was genuinely disturbing to me, though. Knowing what we know about what happened when they overdosed... truly unsettling. But the nice twist being that she conquered him.

Wishlight, sesita, Sleepycat and 3 others like this.
  8. I wonder if budget is being saved for the launch single which has to be the 3rd collab, are we thinking Miley?

It's weird that this has such a poor playlist reach.

9. This would be perfect without that opening guitar riff, it emulates something and I can't put my finger on it. The I'm your son and I'm your daughter is quite easily one of the best moments in 2022 pop music.

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  10. I'm just trying to keep my head above water
    I'm your son and I'm your daughter
    I'm your mother
    I'm your father
    I'm just a product of the problem
    I'm just trying to keep my head above water

[​IMG]

11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The way this completely rips off Celebrity Skin…can you come up with something else.

12. This is such a bomb. #9 on their Spotify with 3m streams after 5 days. The horrible NMF placements killed it.

13. I hope they can improve the playlisting, it’s really odd that it started off so poorly. The reception has been too positive to give up here.

14. The second best "Celebrity Skin" cover of 2022!

15. Out of curiosity, I played this once. It's a MESS.

finito, Aiden, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  16. Nah sorry this slaps.

17. I wasn't expecting this to smash or anything, but it's bad for them. Wonder if this will get downgraded to "promo single".

18. I'm sort of enjoying the early 2000s pop/rock of this, but the video really is objectively awful. The leather and guitar look is stunning though.

19. Wow, I'm surprised this tanked so hard. People might be over Demi's addiction songs. It's funny because this is the first song of theirs I've genuinely enjoyed in a while.

huntypoo, GimmeWork, 1outside and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.