Demi - Lovato | Page 55 | The Popjustice Forum

Demi - Lovato

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, May 24, 2018.

1. Beautiful song, beautiful performance, but who on earth mixed it? I had to double check of my Beats were broken

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2020
    Enrique Garcia likes this.
  2. It’s so harsh on the ear

3. Not my fave Lauren (of Madame X thread fame) working on this. And, yes, she confirms this is the track as it was recorded in 2018, unmixed and all

Music Is Life likes this.
  4. Just because something feels like a moment... doesn't mean it is.

5. Well they’re blasting this at my gym.

6. I found this unbearable to listen to.

Enrique Garcia likes this.
  7. RJF

RJF

I don't think I've ever heard one song with a "We didn't even bother with a second take because it was perfect the first time!" origin story that... couldn't have benefited from someone maybe giving it a few more listens and changing some things.

8. The volume control on the gym's speaker system... sweetie, I'm so sorry.

9. That last minute sounds like her throat is about to be ripped out. I still kinda like the song ddd.

Music Is Life and Enrique Garcia like this.
  10. She is used to rough vocals, I see.

Joking.

Deleted member 2097 likes this.
  11. She sounds like ass.

myblood, Truce, nikkysan and 4 others like this.
  12. There is a reason why multiple takes and mixing exists. Just because it’s raw doesn’t mean it’s good nn.

13. This is especially ironic considering this exact topic came up in the Simply Complicated documentary when they were talking about vocal comps nn

inevitable likes this.
  14. They could be fibbing and this was it after 99 takes too?

15. The subject matter and context here don’t shield it from the fact that this song is complete garbage.

myblood, Truce, nikkysan and 3 others like this.
  16. Justice for Body Say.

17. The reactions and comments in this thread are making my day. I never laughed so hard. Thank you for that y’all

18. This is some Jessica Jesus sounding nightmare.

19. I actually really like Demi's voice when she shows restraint (3% of the time) but this is such a piss poor vocal. I can't even get round to listening to the lyrics properly because she sounds like a car alarm.

20. I can’t believe she’s on her 7th album? She’s never felt like a huge pop star to me? She is talented though, Sober showed me that.
    The new song is awful though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.