Desperate Housewives

If the show aired today then I can see that there are aspects of it that would not go down well with 2023 audiences. But I do think a tweaked reboot/continuation could have potential. Even if we return to Wisteria Lane but have a different set of housewives with the OG's making an appearance here and there. Or the kinds of them living there and so we have a new generation.

I think we need to stop trying reboot old series' and just make new shows that are original actually good. Hardly any of these reboots go on to be any good or match the quality of the original. Partly because what was allowed back in the day wouldn't be allowed today. X-Files, Sex and the City (...And Just Like That) just struggle to work in the 2020's.

He/Him
I think we need to stop trying reboot old series' and just make new shows that are original actually good. Hardly any of these reboots go on to be any good or match the quality of the original. Partly because what was allowed back in the day wouldn't be allowed today. X-Files, Sex and the City (...And Just Like That) just struggle to work in the 2020's.
I suspect we will be adding Frasier to this list #soon!

Watching the scene where Lynette (Felicity Huffman) asks Bree to lie to help the twins enter an academy, season 1 episode 5.

The same day I watch these funny comments about Felicty's recent interview, it starts at 3 minutes 16 seconds.

Watching the scene where Lynette (Felicity Huffman) asks Bree to lie to help the twins enter an academy, season 1 episode 5.

The same day I watch these funny comments about Felicty's recent interview, it starts at 3 minutes 16 seconds.

The canned laughter is insufferable.

He/Him/His
Jesse Metcalfe said there's been "discussions" about a reboot.

Not sure why a reboot would include John Rowland, unless he'd now be living on the lane?

A reboot linking to the first run would be amazing, and Metcalfe being shirtless on-screen again is a win for everybody.

The first season of Why Women Kill was so fantastic, and had the same charm Desperate Housewives possessed. It really proved to me that if the show was revisited, Cherry could make it in a way that retains what made it so fantastic during its first run.

Or just make a new sexy, funny primetime soap. The obsession with rebooting everything is insane. People weren’t even watching this show by the end!

The issue is, a new primetime soap is unlikely to work. There's a reason Grey's Anatomy is going into season 20 - networks can't get anything else like it to stay on air for more than a year or so. Everything is a procedural or a spin-off of a procedural. At least with a new soap called Desperate Housewives they'd have a built-in audience and some curiosity.

I'm not crazy about the reboot trend, but I'm shocked that this property in particular hasn't been brought back yet, given how instantly recognizable the name is and how big it was for so many years.

The series finale had over 11M live viewers and the show was still in the top 25 the year it went off-air... it wasn't near the massive audience reach it had early on, but it was still popular. And it's gotten a bit of a second wind with younger viewers on TikTok and streaming. It feels inevitable that we'll see it back in some form.