Desperate Housewives | Page 89 | The Popjustice Forum

Desperate Housewives

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Toxicated, Sep 26, 2006.

1. I was expecting them to reference Gaga when she said that but they didn't.

2. Rmx

Rmx

They couldn't, this episode was obviously sponsored by Taylor Swift Inc. Also, Gaby's shopping spree was the best moment of the season so far. Classic Desperate Housewives.

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'm pretty sure that was a Gaga reference, which I found a bit cheap and tacky really, especially coming from Bree.

4. Rmx

Rmx

I just found the whole 'I love the gays, it's not a choice, you're queer you're here' thing extremely daft coming from Bree. I mean come on, do we not remember her reaction when she found Andrew in bed with a guy? That's quite the turn she's made, I'd believe she's grown to accept it but she was basically a gay right's activist last night.

5. About 13 years have passed since the first season, she's had time to adjust.

6. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

HANG ON, isn't this show now set in like... 2015? They must have made some outdated pop culture comment...

7. Rmx

Rmx

They never said 'Hey guys it's 2003!' when the show started so no.

8. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

I am sure they have stated the date somewhere, in the show or in an interview.

9. The show is set in the future but the timeline is a bit messed up because they've occasionally forgotten to factor in the five year gap into new character's date of births. When Mike woke up from his coma, he thought it was 2004 suggesting Season 1 is set in the same year it aired.

10. Rmx

Rmx

Okay, I stand corrected! That can only mean one thing: Taylor Swift is still relevant in 5 years.

11. Maybe a bit less than that. Since the five year gap, time could have started to pass slower. The season premiere wasn't set three months after Season 7's finale so who knows what year it is exactly!

12. Well they definitely don't anyway! It doesn't even matter at this stage, but it gets on my nerves sometimes.

13. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

YES!

Another good episode! Gabrielle shopping parts were great. Not here for them going after Bree!

14. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

That was a lovely episode. The police officer is... eurgh!

15. That's the most early Desperate Housewivesish quality episode we've had in a very long time, it was really good. I'm guessing the fake evidence will be the undoing of the case against Bree.

16. Very very good episode. At this point I don't know which way it's going to go for Bree. My gut tells me she'll get found guilty only for Carlos to jump in at the last minute.

17. Fuck me, what are the odds of having two of the craziest cops ever hating you? He pisses me off so much, someone needs to shoot him! Great episode otherwise.

18. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

The finale's title is...

Finishing The Hat.

Hmpf.

ALSO, Brian Tanen, off Ugly Betty (who Amanda was named after!) has written the penultimate episode.

19. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Not a bad episode but oh my God, next week looks amazingg!

20. i loved this episode but as we move closer to the two hours finale my heart skips a beat from excitement

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.