Des'ree | The Popjustice Forum

Des'ree

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by iwouldfixyou, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Toast eating, ghost shy, prone to shivers, park botherer. add with rather big hands.

If I'm not mistaken wasn't Desree the biggest selling British female artist for a few years? Gotta Be was obviously huge globally and probably made her very wealthy. She has also had a few other successful songs and albums over the years but she has been very quiet of late.

Although prone to psychobabble I was quite fond of her rather languorous singing voice. Her song on the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack (Kissing you) was genuinely lovely.

Any ideas as to what she is up to?

2. Please come back Des'ree (insert sad smiley)

Despite the comedy lyrics of Life, it's one of my favourite songs of all time! Kissing You was amazing too.

The last I heard, she was working on her pottery after the relative failure of the Dream Soldier album.

3. Drean Soldier wasn't even that bad. She had a unique voice but she's one of those singers who's sort of over after the public appear to get bored. I think she's got a fantastic voice, although whenever I hear 'Life' I picture my Mum wiggling her ass whilst doing ironing to it - she loves that song! hahaha. Oh God how tragic....

4. I couldn't find a thread. Where is she now? And more importantly what happened to the @desree_life twitter?

5. She was dropped by Sony in 2003 and I think she moved to Canada. She doesn't write or record anymore and the last time she made the news was in 2007 when she sued Beyoncé for using Kissing You on her B'Day album.

6. Great thread, I would also like to know.
    Can never find any information about where she is now or what she is doing musically (if anything)?

7. Des'ree where did she go?
    Tell us all if you know
    I'm concerned for her cash flow
    And think she needs to make more dough

Push, soratami, Island and 2 others like this.
  8. The Twitter account was suspended.

9. What?! Has she gone cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs since the lawsuit or what?

It's a shame she doesn't do music anymore, I loved her first album a lot.

Island likes this.
  10. The Twitter account wasn't her. It was a joke account, posting new, "hilarious" lyrics to Life.

Island likes this.
  11. I loved that Twitter account!

12. I don't know which I miss most
    Desree or a piece of Toast

Seriously though her first 2 albums were perfect pop.

13. Probably having a piece of toast. Watching the evening news.

Push, Island, Andy French and 2 others like this.
  14. I'm screaming.

Verandi, soratami, Island and 5 others like this.
  15. Laughing out load uncontrollably on the train home from work. This has made my day!

16. Brilliant! Wish they'd ditch the I Get The Shivers after each line though!

17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Nope, that line does it for me every single time!

18. Some want the shivers banished,
    Others dream of toast until they're famished,
    Where oh where has Des'ree vanished,
    Ooh I get the shivers...

soratami, Island, Baby Clyde and 3 others like this.
  19. She lives in Canada and works as a beautician / masseuse so I last heard.

Doesn't want any involvement in the music industry. I remember a quote from her years ago that was really sad where she said something like it "wasn't her time to shine anymore".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.