Dessa - Good For You | The Popjustice Forum

Dessa - Good For You

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Jwentz, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Minneapolis Rapper/Singer Dessa is back with a new song that's not as good as her old work but it will do.

Those of you with taste would do well to check out some of her older work.
    @Andy French @Petty Mayonnaise @xOJakeXo @LE0Night

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    LE0Night and Andy French like this.
  2. I know @fancygreen is a Stan! @Kuhleezi I think you may enjoy some of her stuff too.

Kii at Amy Klobuchar using this feminist anthem as her walk in music for speeches.

And also @VicePresidentJocasta check out her Springsteen cover

3. LE0Night and ohnostalgia like this.
  4. Jwentz likes this.
  5. Most of my posts are!

6. Vote in my rate.

Jwentz likes this.
  7. I generally try and refrain from commenting on threads of people I know personally, but only because I've been summoned, she really is a fantastic musician/writer/educator/ice cream flavor connoisseur/overall great person and deserves the world. "Kites" from the old False Hopes is still a moody trip-hoppish favorite of mine. And her book is great. And I adore her. The end.

Jwentz likes this.
  8. I've been listening to nothing but Bruce the past few days in anticipation of the new album, and this is such a refreshing take on that track. Really pretty.

Jwentz likes this.
  9. Used to love Dessa! Haven't checked in on her in a while.

Jwentz likes this.
  10. YES PLEASE

Jwentz likes this.
  11. Good For You has grown on me a bit after a few listens, but I still wouldn’t call it her best.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.