Destiny’s Child - General Discussion | Page 60 | The Popjustice Forum

Destiny’s Child - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Sabrina, Feb 2, 2007.

1. I always thought it was Kelly who does the ''hit me'' line...

2. It was the one and only Michelle:

3. I thought it was Kelly too!

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  4. It was very obviously Michelle. It has her cadence.

IBreakTheDawn likes this.
  5. Lose My Breath is just incredible. They were going to do well with a "comeback" single after the solo debuts, but they came back with something absolutely killer and I was obsessed then/still am now.

6. Clearly not, if some of us thought otherwise. But.. okay.

7. Well, maybe y’all need to clean your ears then.

Its not that serious.

8. Hit me.

[​IMG]

9. I always thought it was a man's voice. Oop.

Mr_Matt, LPT, dirtypony and 3 others like this.
  10. Looks like these fake DC fans never watched the *amazing* first two performances of Lose My Breath!

[​IMG]

A moment.

I will forever stan Lose My Breath: the definition of a banger in the Pop Dictionnary.

Mr_Matt, LPT, IBreakTheDawn and 13 others like this.
  11. How do people NOT know that "Hit Meh" is sung by the legend that is Tenitra Michelle Williams???

Fun fact: I made an extremely amateur video of one of my friends "dancing" to Lose My Breath from very limited footage of him dancing on webcam when this was released. It features a lot of slo mo, reversing of clips, mirror images etc.

I've been told by said friend to not share it with the world unfortunately.

IBreakTheDawn and lushLuck like this.
  12. I forgot how much of a whole ass bop Independent Women pt. 2 is!

13. GCZ

GCZ

My favorite version!

lushLuck likes this.
  14. I love it but nothing beats Part 1, it is absolute perfection and one of my all time favourite songs.

15. Crazy to know this was originally Part 1 and was gonna be the version used on the Charlie's Angels soundtrack

LPT, iveivan and LPMA like this.
  16. I didn’t know that. There’s nothing commercial about part 2.

At a show I attended once (I think it was the Dangerously In live tour), Beyoncé said Independent Women was originally going to be her first solo single but her dad changed the plans. I wonder if that was going to be part 2 or a different version.

Leopold likes this.
  17. So she was planning to go solo before the Survivor album then..?

18. More likely the song wasn’t originally planned to be on that album

19. The ACCLAIM for Lose My Breath on this page, whew. Seriously I think the single should be a blueprint for any girlgroup comeback. If you been gone for years and you don’t have that quality of material for your reunion era, then just don’t bother.

20. I actually feel like Something New could have (or at least deserved to have) done that for Girls Aloud. It definitely had elements of that Lose My Breath 'punch' to it. A comeback pinnacle for sure.

Then you have Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)
    [​IMG]

Mr_Matt, LPT, berserkboi and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.