Destiny’s Child | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

Destiny’s Child

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Sabrina, Feb 2, 2007.

1. It’s a blessing Opera of the Bells is so far down below in the tracklist, indeed.

lushLuck and elektricblue like this.
  2. I want to blame all the unfair writing credits to Matthew Knowles and his business practices.

Hopefully Bey is fairer in her approach these days. It seems like she is at least.

3. And it's all because of Farrah...2:30 mark

4. Love that they ignored putting in the actual members that wrote on the song, and just placed Farrah there.

5. Playing through Survivor the last couple days, its really not a good album is it? Obviously the singles are ICONIC!
    Not counting Nasty Girl…. What is this mess?
    There’s probably a good album in there somewhere, its just kinda full of filler.
    The Writings On The Wall and Destiny Fulfilled really blow it out if the water.

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I loved it at the time but between gospel medleys, outro's, Beyoncé solo's, looney tunes remixes of Independent Women and a few songs with some very questionable lyrics it's definitely a bit messy. I still bop though.

Daniel_O and discoteca like this.
  7. I remember playing Survivor on repeat in spring 2001... but I just couldn't connect with it. The drop off in quality from the previous album was shocking.

IEngineered and Christopher1985 like this.
  8. The Writings on the Wall and Destiny Fulfilled are both *chef kiss* SUPERB R&B albums.

Game Over doesn’t receive as much love as it deserves tho.

9. Game Over is a top 5 DC song.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Madaboutmusic and Posh Aloud like this.
  10. Why was the group called Destiny's child (meaning 1 person), instead of Destiny's Children?

11. Now now, you already know the answer to that ddd.

LPT, Blue6010, crash9081 and 15 others like this.
  12. There, sis.

TRAVVV likes this.
  13. This will probably just turn out to be the work of a bored social media intern, but ...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    JasonJay, chrisjche and sesita like this.
  14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

15. I'm obsessed with Michelle.

16. Happy Birthday to one of the finest moments in their discography and in girlband history. The drums, the video, the sheer snappery of Michelle The Bridge William’s verse . . . it could be my favourite DC song.

17. It is a banger.

IBreakTheDawn and Maria like this.
  18. 17 years ago Michelle said "Hit me!" and this behemoth of a song quite literally did so, and I haven't recovered ever since. By the time her trascendent bridge comes I need to reach for my albuterol. The definition of a banger.

[​IMG]

I could not keep up.

LPT, Blue6010, IBreakTheDawn and 15 others like this.
  19. I always thought it was Kelly who does the ''hit me'' line...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.