Destiny’s Child | Page 63 | The Popjustice Forum

Destiny’s Child

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Sabrina, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Is anyone here for that?

lushLuck likes this.
  2. I think biopics of living people are pointless. They're just exercises in vanity.

3. A good watch

Conan, Colin and sinner like this.
  4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Did I completely make up that Brown Eyes was a (promotional) single somewhere? Asia maybe?

sesita and Leopold like this.
  5. I was working retail at the time and it was on the corporate playlist for some reason so I'm sure it must have been serviced in some form.

sesita likes this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah it's also on the japanese #1's and I have it vaguely in my mind but can't find any info it now

7. I think it was, because it was included in the japanese version of #1

8. The album Survivor was really phenomenally strong.

Mvnl and Blayke like this.
  9. I think it’s without a doubt the worst thing they ever put out. Absolutely tragic. The album tracks are devoid of any memorable hooks and even the song ‘Survivor’ whilst being a pop culture classic has aged horribly on record.
    Destiny’s Fulfilled or The Writings On The Wall though? Iconic girls.

10. Survivor is a horrid album. I rinsed it when it came out but it pales so, so much compared to the masterpiece that came before it.

nooniebao, sesita, Zinone and 3 others like this.
  11. Yas I've been saying this for years. Sure great if it was your first CD but literally all filler bar the singles.

12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

There were much better albums released on May 1st, 2001.

13. I have a lot of nostalgia associated with Survivor (song) and Independent Women Part I; I was eight when the album came out and they got a shitload of airplay on Radio Disney dd.

But I haven't revisited the rest of the album in years, and although I know I've listened to it I couldn't tell you what any of the album tracks sounded like

Maria and Mr.Arroz like this.
  14. I am a broken record because I could put on Survivor to this day and bop to 95% of it. Brown Eyes, Story of Beauty, Fancy, Apple Pie... I love every dated second of them.

Verandi, Leopold, Robert and 4 others like this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Perfect Man and Dance With Me bop too

16. Definitely dated but that was the case for a lot of albums in the early 00's sadly. A lot of stuff just sounded very cheap production-wise. I agree that it's probably their weakest album but I do enjoy a handful of the non-singles.

Great
    Independent Women, Pt. 1
    Survivor
    Bootylicious
    Happy Face
    Emotion

Good
    Fancy
    Sexy Daddy
    Dangerously in Love
    Brown Eyes

Forgettable
    Nasty Girl (I would put this under Good for the production but the girl-bashing is very... not it)
    Apple Pie A La Mode
    Independent Women, Pt. II
    The Story of Beauty
    Gospel Medley
    Outro (DC-3) Thank You

17. I respectfully disagree. It's absolutely bizarre, and I can never forget it.

18. It was obvious by the quality of the songs and the third single being a cover that this album was quickly put together after Independent Women smashed - so it literally includes whatever they could assemble together in two weeks.

19. Survivor
    Bootylicious
    Happy Face
    Emotion
    Sexy Daddy
    Dangerously in Love
    Brown Eyes
    Nasty Girl
    Independent Women, Pt. II
    Outro (DC-3) Thank You

I listen to these a fair bit the rest of the songs are forgettable (other than Independent Women Part I which I'm not massively fond of).

20. The screeching on Happy Face dd

bolleznito, Leopold and bonnieetclyde like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.