Destiny’s Child | Page 65 | The Popjustice Forum

Destiny’s Child

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Sabrina, Feb 2, 2007.

1. How many b-sides have they had? I know they had bonus tracks and that “8 Days of Christmas” technically was a b-side before it was put onto that Christmas album of the same name.

Mvnl likes this.
  2. They have a bunch of random bonus tracks that may not count as b-sides but were hard to track down. I still don't really know if Can't Help Myself really was a bonus track at all!

YourLeadSinger and AllRed like this.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I do love No More Rainy Days and Dot.

4. I’m sure someone once said that was a Houston exclusive track?

JasonJay likes this.
  5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

"“Can’t Help Myself” was never commercially released, it was only made available to those in Houston, Beyoncé’s hometown as a purchase incentive during the initial release of The Writing’s On The Wall."
    No clue how that worked in those days though cause it can hardly have been a download.

6. Maybe purchasers of The Writing’s On The Wall in Houston were given this promo?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    Musiquelover64 and Mvnl like this.
  7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah that was the best I could think of. Seems quite rare then.
    Also 'b-sides' for one single and one unreleased song is a choice

8. From the look of it that's exactly what happened, this is from an article in Time that ran during the promotion preceding Dangerously in Love:
    So it's pretty much a fact the Survivor album got rushed out following Independent Women's runaway success. One thing I always thought was interesting was how Sony seemed eager to pull the Mariah-print on the album, with the Walter Afanasieff on a ballad, a well-known cover, regional singles and top it off with a Christmas album at the end.

9. Survivor had the bops! Must give it another listen.

10. A very cool rework of “Bills, Bills, Bills” by Paul Woolford.

11. I love this remix of Soldier so much. They had a lot of great ones!

12. Destiny's Child (in actuality, just Beyoncé and Kelly) with MaryMary.

Musiquelover64 likes this.
  13. A trans-/homophobe and a trump supporter. Trash.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  14. The absolute best. Everything about this song is fantastic. The vocals, the harmonies, the production and even Timbo's rap (which is rare!). And the video? Wow. I love every second of it! LeToya's look at 04:04 is the icing on the cake.

JMRGBY, berserkboi, POPGASM and 11 others like this.
  15. That and Are You That Somebody are perfect. Timbaland was untouchable back then.

16. Surprised they didn't work more with him.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  17. He was expensive I guess.

18. Im sure their collab with him lead them to work with to Missy and this bop came of it

I would've loved to have heard them on more Timbaland and Missy productions tho

19. Confessions is a highlight of that album.

20. Was there a reason why Jumpin Jumpin & Say My Name cd singles (for non UK editions) had La Toya and LaTavia on the covers even though they were not in the band at the time of release?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.