Destiny’s Child

he/him
I remember buying the debut on cd, putting it in my Walkman and falling asleep midway through it kii.

The singles, bonus tracks and Illusions are bops tho.

Was Illusions supposed to be a single at some point before they changed to Get On The Bus? I always got that impression because of the single cover and few remixes being available.
I assume it did get some form of release?

https://www.discogs.com/master/223715-Destinys-Child-Illusion

I remember buying the debut on cd, putting it in my Walkman and falling asleep midway through it kii.

The singles, bonus tracks and Illusions are bops tho.

Was Illusions supposed to be a single at some point before they changed to Get On The Bus? I always got that impression because of the single cover and few remixes being available.
I don't think Get On The Bus was a regular single. It was a soundtrack single that got tacked on to an album as it wasn't officially part of that era.

A rare clip of DC singing Carol of The Bells is currently going viral now

This was taken from a interview they did in Sweden in 99 right before Toya and Tavia's departure. They literally fell into harmony just like that. It was cute it would've been interesting if this lineup became DC3

It's sending me that you dropped the Le- and La- from both of their names!

A rare clip of DC singing Carol of The Bells is currently going viral now

This was taken from a interview they did in Sweden in 99 right before Toya and Tavia's departure. They literally fell into harmony just like that. It was cute it would've been interesting if this lineup became DC3

Woaaaahhhh this is RARE. I've only seen a photoshoot from this period when LaTavia was off sick.

It sounds like LeToya swtiched lead with Beyonce on the second half after the unison. It's sounds like Kelly and Bey harmonising.

RainOnFire

Staff member
I've been listening to DC this week, and I've come to the realization that Destiny Fulfilled is my favourite album of theirs. I've spent so long thinking it was The Writing's On the Wall, and to be fair I still think that is their best album - but as I've gotten older, I feel like I gravitate toward Destiny Fulfilled more now. I love how you can hear their personal growth from the previous albums to this one in the lyrics and production, it's so warm and fulfilling (no pun intended) how the album plays out like conversations between three women who have grown up together and been through some shit but have remained constants in each other's lives.

I've only found out about this song recently and holy cow the lyrics are such a trip.

Think I'm lying?
His momma, Mrs. Parker
And I sat down in the den and watched Comic View
Think I'm lying?
His boxers, he likes to wear Calvin Klein
With the open front fly design size 32
Think I'm lying?
I never could describe his birthmark
If I never did let him hit and get into this
Think I'm lying?
I can even tell you your size
'Cause you left your bra behind in his bathroom, oh

Lawd.

I'm obsessed with this performance of "With Me" from TOTP.

- Beyonce's facial expression at 0:42 when she realises she fucked up one of her notes
- Kelly giving the performance of her lifetime on her verse and completely out-singing Beyonce
- The giant green screen Jermaine Dupri during the rap that could only happen in the 90s!

Last edited:

Mvnl

Staff member
Does anyone remember the way Nasty Girl was released?
Cause wikipedia lists it as a march single, with the remixed version being released in july but they were both on the same single and as far as I remember it they were promoted around the same time?

Does anyone remember the way Nasty Girl was released?
Cause wikipedia lists it as a march single, with the remixed version being released in july but they were both on the same single and as far as I remember it they were promoted around the same time?
I think it was used to promote the remix album, so maybe the remixed music video was released in July. Not sure.