Diana Ross - General Discussion | Page 31 | The Popjustice Forum

Diana Ross - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by UnionJackMix, May 15, 2014.

1. The original CD was sold via some kind of club Almighty used to have. For some reason the planned commercial release was cancelled.

The original CD (along with various promo remix CD's from the album) have always been hard to come by. I tried to get them for years and managed to get some of the remix promos but never the actual album. Last year a very limited 3 disc bootleg (which looks and sounds great) thankfully came out, which I snapped up.

Anthology and Joanie like this.
  2. I remember hearing that, but around 2014, I was checking out Almighty’s Official Website & they had the full album available in Lossless Flac.

I hesitated at that time, as the individual tracks (from Disc 1), were appearing on their Remix Compilations & I naively hoped the full Diana Remix Compilation would receive a belated (full) commercial release (which of course it never did).

The other day, I finally gave up on this ever happening & went back to the Almighy Site, planning to pay for the full album in Flac, but all trace of the relevant page had vanished.

I wondered if I was somehow using the wrong search terms or if the “Almighty Presents Diana Ross” download page really has vanished from the interface?

3. Gem of a song!

ImaginationS likes this.
  4. Picked up a mint copy of Eaten Alive on vinyl from Oxfam yesterday. Looks like it's never been played. I'd heard the album before and quite liked it. Very happy with my find for just £1.99.

They had a few other vinyls but I didn't know the albums and wasn't sure if I should purchase them. Silk Electric was one of them as well as the self titled Diana Ross album (1976).

They also had a few live albums, so someone had been having a good old clear out and decided they were over Diana!

5. Is it this? I found it in the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20141015170928/http://www.almightyrecords.com:80/product/ALMYDD071

According to their logs the listing was removed between Oct 2015 - March 2016.

6. Initially I think you could only buy it on MP3, which I did, and the WAV option was added later (which I didn't). Like you I kept meaning to buy the WAV but I was always after the CD.I just wasn't ever prepared to pay the ridiculous prices for a CD-R. I probably have the largest Diana Ross collection in Great Britain, and the Almighty CD is one of only about 4 Ross CDs from around the world I'm missing.

From what I remember Universal wouldn't give approval for an official CD release.

djessie likes this.
  7. The Almighty CDs are £325 on Discogs. Or is that too expensive for you?

8. WOW! That's alot to say to say the very least!!

9. This I why I was so thrilled when I found the bootleg version last year. I was trying to get the original for years but no luck.

10. I am literally stunned at that price still!

11. Well, it was a very limited release and highly sought after by her fans. Still, the price is just silly and I doubt it will sell for that amount.

12. I have been collecting Diana Ross CD's over the past seven years or so and I now have approx 300 CD's. Just out of curiosity, which CD's are still missing from your collection?

13. Take Me Higher mixes UK CD-r
    Bottom Line US promo CD - my #1 want
    In The Ones You Love studio CD-r exclusive edit
    Monthly Power Picks Promise Me You'll Try
    Take Me Higher US Promo CD with alternative mixes

I believe there's also an unreleased LTI mix on CD-r of Until We meet Again.

I've got 8 shelves of Supremes and Ross CDs and thousands of singles and lps.

Brukar, Anthology and djessie like this.
  14. I want to hang out at your place.

BattlebornAl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.