Diana Ross - General Discussion | Page 72 | The Popjustice Forum

Diana Ross - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Mar 25, 2007.

1. The comeback single is amazing! It's better than I could have possibly hoped for. I can't believe a whole album is finally coming. The cover art is gorgeous, too. She's just put out a video:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  2. I must say, I prefer the single cover for the album. All the titles on the album cover just made it look a little messy.

[​IMG]

3. The single is so DIANA, and that video! hahahaha amazing, and not only does she recycle old videos but also artwork. Thrifty Diva.

LPT, lob0to and Tchelitchew like this.
  4. Reusing old photoshoots doesn't really bother me, because it's basically a Diana trademark at this point! Who wouldn't prefer older pictures of themselves, anyway?

5. That new song is excellent - sounds contemporary and fresh with an obvious nod to her roots. Really looking forward to the new album.

I've just spent 15 whole minutes trying to find her official website... does one actually exist? And if so, could they make it any more difficult to find?

LPT and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  6. True!

On another note, I still rinse this gem for all its worth. Especially when getting ready for work in the morning...

7. Loving that montage music video, and love this song even more. Been in my head all day!

Tchelitchew likes this.
  8. The album is great, it’s got a bit of everything on it. I think people will love Tomorrow and If The World Just Danced.

LPT, SlowBurn, Toxic84 and 6 others like this.
  9. Sounds good!

Jackooh likes this.
  10. Which year is the album shoot from?

11. Is this the first album she has co written all the tracks?

Tchelitchew and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  12. Believe so yes, love how it's all original tracks and no covers too!

Tchelitchew likes this.

13. What a legend.

Heretic, neinzedd, SlowBurn and 2 others like this.
  14. Thank You is straight in on the A-List at BBC Radio 2 and their 'Record of the Week'.

4Roses, FoxMint, Heretic and 7 others like this.
  15. Good taste.

16. I loved this and the whole Every Day Is A New Day album. The only of hers I've really enjoyed.

Tempted by the new one on pink marbled vinyl though...

The_Rani likes this.
  17. LPT

LPT

I am blown away at the quality of this. It's got all the right parts to make a fantastic comeback song for the likes of Miss Ross.

I'm a "casual" fan bit have gone through this thread and delve deeper. It's a bit like my relationship with Cher - I'm very overwhelmed by the vast discography.

Thank You makes me feel so happy and it's a welcome surprise. You can hear the joy in it.

I can now see where Mariah gets some of her references from (Mesmerised, I Don't Know What To Do, Subtle Invitation, Circles, I Wish You Knew etc) .

Heretic and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  18. The joy of Thank You, is just rather wonderful. One of my favourite Diana songs of all time already.

FoxMint likes this.
  19. Well deserved

WhatKindOfKylie? and LPT like this.
  20. What do y'all think is her best solo album?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.