Diana Ross

I'm only a casual Diana fan, but my favourite tracks are 'Eaten Alive' and 'When You Tell Me That You Love Me'. It's so bizarre that the former wasn't huge, given it was released off the back of 'Chain Reaction' and in the aftermath of Michael Jackson's Thriller album.

[video=youtube;aYkhWgdYtjk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYkhWgdYtjk[/video]

F

Former member 330

Funkytown Grooves are going to reissue some of Diana Ross' 80s albums! Why Do Fools Fall In Love, Silk Electric, Ross and Swept Away re all out before the year is through! I can't cope with so many great re-issues this year! What with the complete Motown recordings album box set in October, this is a good year for Diana fans...

F

Former member 330

I'll just get them all, and I have all the RCA originals. I'm basically buying a collection of b-sides and remixes, with the original albums remastered as a bonus. That's how I view it. Why Do Fools... has 8 bonus tracks, apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
they / them
Funkytown Grooves are going to reissue some of Diana Ross' 80s albums! Why Do Fools Fall In Love, Silk Electric, Ross and Swept Away re all out before the year is through! I can't cope with so many great re-issues this year! What with the complete Motown recordings album box set in October, this is a good year for Diana fans...

This is incredibly exciting. I am beside myself (almost). I adore Ross so much!

Is it shameful for me to say I'm really looking forward to the "Eaten Alive" reissue and not at all bothered about the rest of her catalogue?

Is it shameful for me to say I'm really looking forward to the "Eaten Alive" reissue and not at all bothered about the rest of her catalogue?

Not at all! It's the only one I'd be interested in too. I've got a few Diana Ross compilations and greatest hits and that's always been enough for me but Eaten Alive is amazing. I'm shocked it wasn't a hit especially following Chain Reaction and featuring Michael Jackson on backing vocals.

Wow, just ended up FINALLY getting Swept Away, Eaten Alive and Red Hot Rhythm 'n' Blues on CD and now two of them are finally being reissued. Ha!

But it's great news for Ross fans since the Hip-O-Select series appears to have stopped (though, like anfunny said, we have the Motown box set coming which will be nice as I love the Jackson 5 set issues last year).

Will be nice to get Why... in remastered form with bonus tracks. Swept Away and Eaten Alive are the ones I am looking most forward to. So many mixes to behold!

I'm just getting "Ross '83" for now and will get the rest later.

I have a "Chain Reaction" question for those who know the answer. Have the US 7" Remix or the '93 Remix been released on any of her compilation albums?

Looks like there will be another series of Japanese reissues of Diana's Motown catalogue, including the TV special Diana! and her Caesar's Palace live recording from 1974. Coming in late November/early December.