Diana Ross | Page 76 | The Popjustice Forum

Diana Ross

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Shame, was looking forward to listening to this. Oh well, guess not too long now until the album itself is out.

2. Fortunately someone had posted it on youtube now!

manloveuk and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  3. Hurrah! The wonders of modern day technology!

4. It looks like it’s going to be smashing album!

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  5. I agree, looking forward to it very, very much.

SlowBurn and DiscoIgor07 like this.
  6. Is it only me thinking that her vocals sound thin and the production on the new songs sound demoish?

Update: Anyway I listened to her release in 1999 and this is no different so I guess the vocals issue is about her age. And the production is a choice. But I would still be happy to have an upgraded and up to date sound.

7. I genuinely have no issue with either her vocals(she was never a powerhouse vocalist) or the production on the new songs. I also really don’t think the intention of the album is to sound “current”. I for one am very, very thankful for that.

“All is Well” is out on streaming now!

LPT likes this.
  8. Thanks! Shall happily check this out. 2 weeks to go now!!

9. Looks like we could be getting a music video for All Is Well.

Humanracin, LPT and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  10. New footage of Ms Ross? Most welcome.

ImaginationS likes this.
  11. "All is Well" is really growing on me, I do get a little Christmas feel over the tune itself!

12. Still needing more time with this one compared to the other songs from Thank You so far. But a ballad from Ms Ross is always welcome!

13. Just stumbled across this video for one of my favourite Diana songs, the amazing Hex Hector remix of Until We Meet Again

14. Another "I Want A Believe Moment!"

idratherjack likes this.
  15. Ahead of a whole NEW (!) studio album from Ms Ross this coming Friday, playing this guilty pleasure of an album at this very moment:
    [​IMG]

Get it's not for everyone, and fair enough too. But do have a soft spot for it. The title track and follow up flop bop Paradise, are fab especially.

tylerc, ImaginationS and idratherjack like this.
  16. Count me in on the Workin' Overtime (very small) fan club. Paradise is one of the best things she ever did.

tylerc and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  17. I Still Believe comes out (properly) tonight at midnight!

18. I knew somehow I could count on you to back me up here! Adore the house mix of the title track also:

idratherjack likes this.
  19. Workin' Overtime is one of Diana's best album artworks too. I'd love it reissued on vinyl (along with a 2CD to include all the club mixes of the singles).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.