Diana Ross | Page 84 | The Popjustice Forum

Diana Ross

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Mar 25, 2007.

1. My thoughts exactly! Love pretty much all the Thank You era remixes to be honest.

Disco Blister and idratherjack like this.
  2. Who’s all going to see Diana in June then? I saw her live almost 20 years ago when I was a young pup but really looking forward to seeing her in Glasgow in June. Hopefully it’s hits heavy.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  3. Me! And same show too, can't wait, the more hits the better, but also hope for a few from Thank You too. Great album.

4. Brilliant, if I knew what you looked like and happened to spot you out of the thousands of fans I’d say hi! I only know Thank You and If The World Just Danced, I should probably start giving the album a few spins.

5. Ha, same here!

Yes, as for the album, it's not bad at all. A bit ballad heavy, but that is Ms Ross fortay after all. The various remixes from the era, have been fantastic as well.

Cowboystyle likes this.
  6. I'm seeing her in Liverpool, never seen her before. And you never know @Cowboystyle and @WhatKindOfKylie? I have randomly bumped into pj-ers at gigs so you never know!

Cowboystyle and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  7. It'll be hits heavy just not the ones we really want dd.

8. Yep, guess that's true!

letuinmybackdoor likes this.

9. Such a beautiful song, and cruelly not on streaming anymore since Love & Life vanished!

10. Diana Ross and Tame Impala album seemingly confirmed by posters in London

9th May 2022

A collaborative album between Diana Ross and Tame Impala has seemingly been completed and slated for a 2022 release, per some colourful posters spotted in London.

The posters, which appear to have gone up last night (May 8), note that the as-yet-untitled project is produced by Jack Antonoff and will feature several special guests. Amongst those listed are Phoebe Bridgers, St. Vincent, Thundercat and Antonoff’s own band Bleachers. The project is heralded as “coming soon” at the top of the poster.

Talk of Ross and Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker working on music together surfaced last year, although it was said at the time to only be a single. “She’s really excited to work with Tame Impala, and is ecstatic with the track,” a source reportedly told The Sun. “She can’t wait for fans to hear it.”

View the poster below (as snapped by Adam Lewis):

EA1D4EA2-2688-4D96-A1C3-ED812CA9F468.jpeg

https://www.nme.com/news/music/dian...mingly-confirmed-by-posters-in-london-3220861

Hmmm.

neinzedd likes this.
  11. Why are they hiding the fact it’s the Minions 2 soundtrack?

12. As it seems to be an upbeat track I'm already bitter it wasn't included on Thank You... Maybe on a rerelease?

13. Glad we're getting an new song so soon from Ms Ross gotta say.

Humanracin and Disco Blister like this.
  14. I agree! And I love how interesting it sounds based on that BBC article!

Called Turn Up The Sunshine, the track is a laid-back, feel-good summer anthem whose funky horn stabs recall The Commodores' Brick House. Ross even raps in the verses - "There's light at the end of the tunnel if you stay on track" - before cutting loose on a soaring soul chorus.

The collaboration with Australian band Tame Impala was produced by Jack Antonoff, who helmed Taylor Swift's Grammy Award-winning Folklore as well as albums by Lorde, St Vincent and Lana Del Rey. Antonoff also worked on Ross's 2021 album Thank You, and Turn Up The Sunshine is believed to have originated during those sessions.

It features some of the swirling, abstract soundscapes that have turned Tame Impala into global festival headliners - including a sample of a baby, which could possibly be frontman Kevin Parker's newborn daughter, Peach.

15. I loved the uptempos on Thank You especially, so fingers crossed this will be just as enjoyable!

Disco Blister likes this.
  16. Hearing 'That's How You Start Over' from the much maligned 'Ross' 1983 album (still my secret favourite) in the Season 2 premiere of 'Hacks' was everything.

x

17. How random them using that, but still fab obviously!

Guyhawke! likes this.
  18. Very nice if so! Great to finally have Ms Ross back performing in the UK!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.