Diana Ross | Page 85 | The Popjustice Forum

Diana Ross

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by idratherjack, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Now officially confirmed.

djessie likes this.

2. Turn up the sunshine, ya’ll!

manloveuk, WoW73, LPT and 5 others like this.
  3. Love the new track! It sounds like classic upbeat Diana but also very 2022 at the same time.

It does make me wish there had been more tracks like this on Thank You. Hopefully it’ll be succesful enough for a rerelease of the album, if not a whole new one with more songs by Jack Antonoff and the like.

SlowBurn and Tchelitchew like this.
  4. Yeah this new song is great, it does hark back to the classic Motown sound but updated.

5. A very nice refreshing and yet quite timeless sounding track this. A welcome song for Summer!

SlowBurn and Disco Blister like this.
  6. Wow, this is such a cool song! The stereo phasing effects are a bit much, but it's great otherwise. All hail the new indie hipster queen!

7. It's amazing having Ms Ross back after all these years-can't wait for her shows now!!

Tchelitchew likes this.
  8. Oof I must be the only one who isn’t connecting with this one… I much preferred Jack’s work on “Thank You.” Nonetheless I won’t ever complain about La Ross gracing us with more music.

torontodj and Disco Blister like this.
  9. I wonder if she will perform Turn Up The Sunshine at her various Summer concerts? Guess would make sense.

Disco Blister likes this.
  10. Still really liking Turn Up The Sunshine. This and the Thank You album were both very good for me, hope another full album will follow in the future. If not though, good way to bow out in that respect.

Tchelitchew and Disco Blister like this.
  11. Agree.

Although with the last two albums having as clichéd titles as I Love You and Thank You they’re kind of screaming for a follow-up called Goodbye…

12. Even Thank You sounded like a final album title too. Guess we'll just wait and see.

Disco Blister likes this.
  13. I was secretly hoping Miss Ross would sing live at the Jubilee, but alas....

14. Oh I was wondering why she sounded so good! Is she miming it all? Eek.

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
  15. Well, Chain Reaction was mimed

16. LPT

LPT

I'm delighted Thank You finally got heard by people other than the core fans - what a song!

WhatKindOfKylie? and SlowBurn like this.
  17. You could notice it when Diana went from speaking after Chain Reaction to singing Thank You, but when you are singing live at these type of events you are at the mercy of the sound engineers.

18. Yeah she was caught rotten but I’d rather she mostly mime, be radiant and enjoy herself rather than give disastrous vocals.

ImaginationS likes this.
  19. I thought the monarchy were facing their second Diana ending when she teetered down those steps in that toilet roll cover from Woolies circa 1986!

A legend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.