Diana Vickers - Music To Make Boys Cry | Page 56 | The Popjustice Forum

Diana Vickers - Music To Make Boys Cry

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by crash, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

I think it might be safe to say that the album will be delayed for a bit longer, but this time she has good reason; She & George are pregnant.

2. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

With TWINS may i add!

3. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

WHAT??!! April Fool, surely?

4. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

Yeah, it was an april fools.

5. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

Oh thank the Lord. The thought of more album delays makes me want to slit my wrists.

6. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

But it could have led to Diana's very own Bionic. *sad face*

7. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

If you missed Diana presenting The Crush on The Box last night, it's showing again tonight at 9pm on 4Music!

8. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

Please can someone poke me when we have single or album news. Not really interested in Diana as a TV Presenter. Just sayin'.

9. TJ

TJ

Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

You're not the only one.

10. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

Still no news on this? Really, Diana?

Release 2 buzz tracks in December. Release song snippet in January. Play 2 gigs in February to showcase new material. Stay silent for 2 months??? Sigh. It was all going so well. Although the fact she constantly said \"soon\", or \"very soon\" should have indicated it would not be just that.

Right now she is risking alienating her fan base which has no doubt dwindled since her debut. She does a lot of Q&As on twitter and while most people choose to ask about her new music, she chooses to ignore those questions.

I was really looking forward to this album, but I’m about to jump ship.

11. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

I think what\'s probably happened is that there either was a deal that got cancelled, or the February gigs were a way of trying to drum up interest in getting a deal, which didn\'t work. I wish she\'d just release stuff independently - if leaving RCA was about being able to do what she wanted creatively without compromise, then she should just do it alone. I wouldn\'t mind never getting an expensive video from her again if it meant hearing new music!

12. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

I think you’re right, something was definitely happening as she said early 2012 for release and was always tweeting good things about album meetings etc. If the album is push backed, so be it.. But at least update your fans and, (excuse the pun) deal with the elephant in the room. Some fans (especially on twitter) are getting quite direct with her now.

I’ve never cared for her Videos, to be honest. The music is what is important. Once was by far the worst and that got to #1!

13. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

Don\'t get me wrong. I\'ll love Diana until my death but I can honestly understand why people are beginning to get frustrated - not that she is the one to blame. Given everything that\'s happened this year, we had the Album Shoot in Jan, Tour in Feb, some Mysterious Album Promo in late Feb, hardly anything in March(?) aside from the Youtube cover that was accidentally discovered then obviously pushed out for public listening, something definitely has to have happened last minute, an album deal falling through as previously suggested seems like a plausible cause. Although i wouldn\'t be surprised if she\'s in a label waiting queue, hence all of the tweets regarding being bored, having nothing to do, \'wishing things would hurry up\'. It would be nice to know where we stood, but after constant pleas, we have nothing other than a tweet saying she\'s still \'hard at work\'. Something must be stopping her from revealing some information, even if it\'s just an indication of when a release is coming. She has plenty of great songs, definitely enough to make up a very solid pop album to please fans and critics. I don\'t understand what\'s taking so long, but again, it\'s probably down to a label, i can\'t actually fault Diana.

14. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

If Diana left RCA of her own accord, so she could be in creative control, searching for another label is well… silly. I would hope she is not that naïve.

Diana knows (or really should) she has the marmite effect. People seem to either love her or hate her, on a musical level. No label is going to invest and pay to distribute, shoot a video, arrange promo etc. for her own creations. ‘Once’ is her only really successful single and she had no involvement in the creation. The other singles she released, which she had involvement in, bombed. So naturally, if she got a record deal, she would need to accept that they would have the control over what she releases. It is a business venture and her track record isn’t great. Even though her album got #1, the sales figures were hardly impressive considering the hype/support she received.

If she wants creative control she needs to release independently. This is what we all thought was happening. Like I said earlier it’s a shame because, you’re right Skot, the material does sound like it would make quite a solid album. She has made the era a mess though.

15. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

I HAVE SOME INTEL ABOUT THIS PROJECT! Unless this is already known information then disregard my ass.

I was talking to somebody at ONTD who knows MNEK, and they said the songs Diana did with him were never mixed properly, so they will probably never be released. Sadface.

16. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

God I\'m getting so bored waiting for this! I mean, I know it\'s not all Diana\'s fault, but my interest level has shot down to zero lately! Her debut album was just so amazing and I am dying for a second one from her!

They may not be the best label in the world, but she should try and strike a deal with 679! It\'d be something. They give Marina a lot of creative control so surely they\'d give it to Diana also.

Oh well. *Goes and listens to Kiss of a Bullet whilst sobbing*

17. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

Tell me about it, Steven. I wish she would just update us already. If she is that serious about getting her music out, she\'d do it independantly. Relying on a deal from a record label doesn\'t give a very good vibe. It\'s also unrealistic as she\'s pretty much irrelevant to the general public.

18. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

Well this is bloody disappointing.

19. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

Does anyone know what songs MNEK produced? I\'d assume none of them were played at her live gigs in Feb.

20. Re: Diana Vickers - Second Studio Album Discussion

To be honest, I\'ve almost given up on Diana, I love her, but everything just seems so slow and unorganized

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.