Dido - Still On My Mind (5th Album) | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

Dido - Still On My Mind (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by MacH, May 17, 2018.

1. That one is so much better. Hopefully it gets released next week.

2. It drives me mad when people don’t pay attention to lyrics! My sister’s ex-husband wanted Someone Like You played at their (2nd) wedding. With hindsight it was quite fitting because their relationship was a nightmare from day one but I managed to talk them out of it on grounds of inappropriate lyrics.

3. Yeah this new remix is useless. I can't see Dido fans ever being interested in tech house, and vice versa.

4. So What Am I Doing Here? on Japanese release is different version from vinyl one...

5. She’s #12 this week.

Ray and P'NutButter like this.
  6. oooh whaaaa?? do you mind uploading it if you have it xxx

7. one of the most used songs in weddings is Damien Rice's the Blower's Daughter... cos of the I can't take my eyes off you lyrics... but actually the song finishes with I can't take my eyes off you... til I find somebody new

8. What??? Really?? How is it different?

9. I'm not sure @nebojsa is stating that as a fact, more of a question.

10. It is indeed different.

LKane and aux like this.
  11. I haven't listened to it yet, but my friend has both vinyl and Japanese CD, he said one version is more stripped back and shorter if I remember, I guess he was talking about Japanese version

P'NutButter likes this.
  12. Finally got round to listening to this, having only heard Hurricanes and Friends beforehand. This is so good, Chances, Take You Home and Have to Say blew me away. Her voice makes me feel so cosy and nostalgic.

Ray and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  13. Oooh I like the sound of that version!

It's a shame the only vinyl rip available is quite LQ.

SlowBurn likes this.
  14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Hell After This is such a standout, one of her best ever.

15. Seems like they are finally sending Take You Home to the radio tomorrow.

Jacques likes this.
  16. Give You Up and Take You Home radio edits are on Spotify and Apple Music.

Ray likes this.
  17. The radio edits don’t have too many differences, no? I can’t listen at work right now.

larzy likes this.
  18. The Give You Up is almost the same, just some drums after the first chorus and on.
    The TYH one is 3:18min long and sounds louder and faster than the album version.

larzy and Ferk like this.
  19. She’s #16 this week in the UK. Four weeks inside the top 20. Must be her best chart-run since LFR.

nbtsa, Jacques, Mikal and 7 others like this.
  20. The mix in the Take You Home edit sounds slightly different (even the "lalala") - but maybe I'm mistaken. According to discog.com there's also an edit of Take You Home on the vinyl that is shorter then the cd version. All these versions.

Awaiting my cd from japan - looking forward to hearing the bonus track in high quality.

Is What Am I Doing Here available on all versions of the vinyl or is it only on the pink vinyl?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.