Dido - Still On My Mind (5th Album) | Page 43 | The Popjustice Forum

Dido - Still On My Mind (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by MacH, May 17, 2018.

1. Yes.

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  2. Yes, the album has been a success in the UK, gone Silver, which is not easy these days
    But the reissue has not been a success, not even going top 100 is bad, but they should have put out a more appealing 2nd disc with more (better) new tracks

3. BMG basically have only one strategy which is put out lots of versions and get the fanbase to multibuy on all formats and then do a reissue six months later to milk it all over again. It works for opening week, but for an artist like Dido there's really no appetite for a reissue like this now. She'll have a much smaller core of collectors than Kylie who need to own everything.

A big Strictly performance of the title track with a bit of White Flag thrown in would do much more for sales than a reissue.

pranavc likes this.
  4. She also seems to have toured consistently this year around various cities across the world so there is obvious some international fan base there.

Txetxu likes this.
  5. aux

aux

Touring is where the money is, she’s doing fine.

JMRGBY likes this.
  6. I'm not at all surprised the reissue didn't go top 100. 2.5 new songs, two forgettable remixes and some live acoustic tracks ain't gonna get anyone rushing out to buy or even stream. They didn't even give it a new artwork or anything.

Txetxu likes this.

7. New remix out today. I like.

Lapras likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.