Digimon | The Popjustice Forum

Digimon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blob, Oct 14, 2010.

1. I've seen some Pokemon talk on here and it annoyed me. Digimon was quite clearly the best! I mean the movies were fantastic and clearly the Dark Masters were the scariest thing ever! Does anyone else remember? Love? Who was your favourite Digimon/Season/DigiDestined and moment of all time?!?

I'll start....

Clearly the DigiDestined led by Tai were the best.

Season 1 OBVIOUSLY.

My favourite character has to be Kari or Tai. Actually T.K.

And as for the Digimon. I LOVED Gatomon/Wizardmon/Piedmon and Myotismon.

The best moment has to be the whole 'keyring saga' when Piedmon turns most of the DigiDestined and their Digimon into keyrings. That whole sequence is pure brilliance.

Only complaint I could make is the amount of time it took for the Digimon to Digivolve. I mean REALLY?!? What an age it took.

Still I love it more than Pokemon. And maybe even more than Team Rocket!

*hopes for gasps of shock and open mouths*

2. 3Xs

3Xs

Digimon = flop.

3. Hardly. Compared to Pokemon maybe. But CLEARLY it wasn't a flop. It had a massive fan base and franchise. It spawned several movies and six series. Card games, computer games, comics and virtual pet toys. Seriously. If you say that's a flop then you clearly have VERY HIGH expectations of things.

4. 3Xs

3Xs

Maybe? More like fact. All of the accomplishments you listed can be said for Pokemon as well, except Pokemon sold more, was more widely known, and is still as popular today as it was 10 years ago. Digimon was an enjoyable rip-off.

5. But it still isn't a flop like you said. That was completely incorrect. And actually I think/know many that think Digimon excelled Pokemon. Obviously the sales and popularity don't support that opinion, however I think that. Also Pokemon isn't at the same heights it was 10 years ago. At all.

6. 3Xs

3Xs

Except Pokemon Black/White just sold 2.6 million copies in Japan during the first two days alone, making it the biggest launch in the series history.

7. I downlaoded the most recent digimon game on my dsi, i never did understand it.

8. As a crazy Pokémon stan, I feel contractually obliged to point out that the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum trio just over a million copies less the the original Red/Yellow/Blue. 18 million is might impressive, and way more than Ruby/Sapphire. It's doing just fine.

Now, on to Digimon love! I did love the original series, especially once Gatomon appeared (I have never wanted any sidekick (be it Digimon or Pokémon) as much as I wanted her). It was a really interesting show, although as it went on, DNA digivolving and armour digivolving just made a mess of stuff. It has to be appreciated though, that they made a show with basically 16 main characters (the eight kids and their partners), and still managed to develop them more than most cartoons did.

I still love playing Digimon World on the PSX though. It's such an immense game! I've never come close to clearing it, because there's just so much to do. At this point, I don't think I'd want to, it just seems to be beautifully limitless.

9. Seriously. It was HUGE, but it's not as big as it used to be. As in WORLDWIDE. Is it seen in playgrounds nowadays? All kids talking about it? No. The generation that grew up with it have moved with it. But it is not as big with the new generation. Also you are talking about games there. Pokemon was a huge franchise with T.V shows, movies and cards but they are scarse now. Pokemon is clearly not as popular as it was. I won't argue against that it is still popular, but not as popular as it once was.

10. 3Xs

3Xs

Well I wouldn't disagree with you there (though you might be surprised by the amount of little kids today that play Pokemon). I was more so trying to say that Pokemon is and has always been more popular than Digimon. Not to take anything away from anyone who enjoyed Digimon either, I was never really a huge fan but to each their own.

11. This show had the greatest theme tune ever.

Oh, and season 3 was the best.

12. The first 3 series are all great, although the second is the weakest of the 3. I also wanted a Gatomon so bad, but who doesn't want a cat that turns into a glamorous fairy woman on command?
    I had the game for PS1, and it was dreadful.

13. I absolutely *loved* this programme. I didn't have Sky at the time so missed anything after the second series. But I loved the storylines - they kept going on for ages and kept you gripped!

Plus I loved the toys like it was nobody's business.

For example:

[​IMG]

Amazing.

14. Although yes, Pokemon is far superior in every way possible I did also love Digimon.

I loved the first 3 series of the anime too but after that what the hell did they do to it, adding all these weird ass ways of digivolving it got so complicated I just couldn't be bothered.

I also had the PS1 game and yes it was truly awful! My Digimon always died before I could get far enough and then I'd have to go back and start training it from the beginning.

15. Oh dear, such a great show. I used to piss myself everytime a new evolution was shown. Gatomon is my favourite, but I'm annoyed by her armor evolution and shit. Really, that whole "she lost her tail ring so she's not as powerful as a Champion even though she is one" from S2 made me cringe. She was the ass-kicker.

God, I can't believe I still remember that!
    /geek.

Pokemon is shit. Don't know what's so great about it. What's the point of it? I watched the original series, and it's like poaching, only with 'monsters'. "Oh yeah, kick that pokemon's ass so I can 'catch em all' and they later become my friends even though I attacked and kidnapped them." And then they make them fight each other for the sake of badges?! It's like cock/dog fights. Ugh, hated it.

16. The anticipation for new evolutions was IMMENSE. I can't remember which character it was (Patamon...? The little pig with wings thing) but when he finally evolved, it was fantastic.

The film was brilliant as well.

17. RJF

RJF

Pokemon and Digimon are two entirely different things. The former is one of the best games of all time, with an animé to promote it. The latter is the opposite; everything supported the animé, which was amazing.

If you take down to strictly between animés, Digimon blew Pokémon to smithereens. In its first season alone, it dealt with complicated themes like death, divorce, coming of age, loneliness, friendship, compassion, revenge, hatred... And the third season dealt with these things at an even deeper level. Hell, the final enemy was based on one of the main character's grief.

I'll freely admit I wept like the wee child I was when the original eight have to leave the Digiworld at the end of the first season.

18. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Digimon was basically my childhood and I love getting into Digimon moods every other year, just to be a kid again.

My favourite character was TK and I loved Takari (TK/Kari) and Angemon was my favourite Digimon (although I hated Pegasusmon and the other DNA one). I also loved Kari and Gatomon and Angewomon was so HOT!! Her bitch fights with Ladydevimon were amazingly awesome. ("CELESTIAL ARROW!")

I loved Adventure 02 also... I hated Cody and Davis though. Tamers was a good series, but Frontier and Data Squad sucked and the latest series looks pants too.

Anyone else here a huge Tai/Sora shipper? I wanted them to get it on in the end...

19. They're up on youtube! I seriously cried my eyes out when the first gang had to leave them behind to go home. Mimi is obviously the best, angemon was the coolest and birdramon's voice drove me fucking insane!

THE BITCHFIGHTS WERE SO AWESOME.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.