Digimon | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Digimon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blob, Oct 14, 2010.

1. I love Digimon, and though I tend to like Pokémon more, Digimon had probably had the biggest influence on me. It's just a brilliant series with fantastic characters.

2. I re-watched the first two series of Digimon a year ago or so, and it's aged SO well. Such depth for a cartoon.

Regarding the first season, I can't think of any other show with four (right?) different story arcs, and they're all brilliant in their own right as well as connected effortlessly. There was like one dud episode, the one with TK searching for Patamon's egg or something like that...

3. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Pokemon had the same old routine for every episode; it bored me blind. Digimon was fun and fresh and exciting and dealt with such deep issues with brilliance. Like, they actually HAD storylines instead of Team Rocket trying to catch Pikachu.

4. Where's the love for season 2!? I thought it was clearly the best after all the 'dark emperor' shit. Arukenimon, Blackwargreymon, Mummymon, Myotismon, dark towers, destiny stones, dark spores, dark ocean all badass!

I find the first 3 seasons very nostalgic, the others are just wank.

Taeyang likes this.
  5. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

The grown-up Adventure 01 gang bits were awesome. I also loved the Eggs and I swear Hawkmon was gay.

6. ^ I agree on the adventure 01 parts, there should have been more love for them. Oh and I don't think Hawkmon was gay, more asexual.

Gabumon was bad arse.

7. RJF

RJF

I think that in itself was Season 2's problem. They were completely in the shadow of previous cast.

8. The old gernation haven't moved on, ALOT still play pokemon. It's nostalgic for us, not so much nostalgic but you get my drift? It's always exciting when a new game comes out.

9. I agree there, especially the leader.

10. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

I was really confused by him because wasn't he like a male who was previously a female and then turned into another female?

11. What's a Digimon?

12. I thought it was just a female with a manly voice... Actually who knows this is Digimon. Lillymon was my favorite Ultimate actually.

13. I was always the only kid in my class, neighborhood, and family that didn't part-take in all the fads like Pokemon, Beyblade, Dragon Ball Z, and all that. But Digimon was the only one I was a complete fan of.

First of all, they "monsters" could talk and didn't make stupid noises with their name.

It wasn't cheesy like Pokemon with the whole Jessie/James story line and didn't have the corny Ash-ness.

The characters were so good! I loved them all.

I still have all the little toys somewhere, but my god what a good show.

14. Oh you better prepare for trouble.

15. Oh and I forgot to insult a whole other set of fans - Yugioh. So awful!

16. Yu-Gi-Oh is awful... AWFUL! Having a battle last like 3 episodes with tiresome speeches throughout.

17. Do we have to compare Digimon to Pokémon? It's all very Britney and Christina (as in been there, done that).

Can't we just take a moment to enjoy one of the show's saddest moments?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXu27VVUQ0I

18. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Yu-Gi-Oh! was well awesome. That, Digimon, Pokemon, Beyblade and CardCaptors were the best things to watch when you're 6/7 years old.

Never got into Dragonball Z.

By the way, Xros Wars is rubbish and they've officially ruined Digimon. They even have a Staryu Digimon called... STARMON. (yes, the Starmon from Adventure 02, but rebooted)

Loads of old Digimon make a cameo in the dream too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqUsjlqOlwk (0:53 onwards)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.