Digimon | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Digimon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blob, Oct 14, 2010.

1. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

And I only realised now how weird it would have been for Angemon and Gatomon to DNA Digivolve instead of Stingmon/Angemon and Aquilamon/Gatomon (even though Angemon/Gatomon makes more sense!) because it would have produced a hermaphro-Digimon.

2. RJF

RJF

Wasn't Aquilamon male?

I wasn't really a fan of the DNA digivolutions. Silphimon and Shakkouamon looked terrible. The only one they did remotely well was Paildramon, mainly because they seemed to base the digivolutions happening on the band between the human partners, and Ken and Davis were perfect it. The other two combinations never really rang true for me.

Not to mention Patamon and Gatomon hardly needed any help to get to the ultimate stage. I would have rather seen the ultimate stages of the new three as well, because I thought the designs for Aquilamon and Ankeelomon were fantastic.

3. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Well, Hawkmon was very flamboyant.

Oh dammit, I meant Ankylomon / Angemon (!)

4. I think Renamon said in S3 that Digimon don't have genders. But I think that's not entirely true, they at least assume a gender, what with Veemon crushing on Gatomon (?), and the countless exceptions.

I'm shocked nobody commented yet on Rosemon's evolution. I guess S5 wasn't that popular. I hate how the English version totally fucked up Crowmon's evolution.

5. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

How did they mess up Rosemon / Crowmon?

6. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Ahahaha! To be fair, the 'boobies' wouldn't be very suitable for 9 in the morning in the UK.

7. It always bugged me that Gatomon's mega form was a dragon. I mean, cat to angel to dragon? At least S4 had Gatomon's mega form as Ophanimon.

Tamers had absolutely no relation to S1 and 2. Season 1 and 2 made it clear that Digimon could not die. S3 had Leomon die. And as I recall, Season 2 ended with everyone in the entire world getting their own Digimon.

8. I loved Digimon. The TV series was so, so good and I had the "Hey Digimon" songs as my ringtone for a while. Haha.

Does anyone here remember the original Digimon from 1997?
    They were designed as a "boys" version of a Tamagotchi. I'm not talking about the Digimon virtual pets that were released to coincide with the series, these were a few years before that.

9. I remember those, yes. I never got one though! They seemed badass though.

The Digimon TV program was the one area that had Pokémon beat. It was just so much better, both visually and story-wise. I actually own Digimon: The Movie.

10. I have the movie on video with a little CD-ROM which forms part of the cover. How very "new millennium" it all was!

11. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Dog to Cat to Woman to Dragon. Weirdest ever (but then again, we had Flying Hamster to Angel too)

12. dmc

dmc

I had that too! It was AWESOME.

Proper used to love this show, the only parts I really remember were the 'Dark Masters' (?). I seem to recall a clown and Devi(?)mon.

The theme tune was ace as well 'CHANGE INTO DIGITAL CHAMPIONS!'

13. I remember Puppetmon and feeling sorry for him for some reason.

14. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

I might watch the third season again...

15. Which season was the weird one where the kid kind of created his own Digimon, and it was like, "Digimon are REAL!!"

That didn't make much sense, I realize. I hope you all know what I'm talking about.

16. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

The third season, where the first two seasons featured as a TV show (!)

17. That was the best season. It was super dark, no?!

18. Puppetmon fucked with them far more than any other baddy, he was quite sympathetic.

19. I remember the scary clown bad guy, Piedmon? (My memory is normally better)

But the best villain was Arukennimon. (Butchered that I'm sure, Are-Ooo-Kenny-Mon). She was a brutal bitch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.