Digimon | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Digimon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blob, Oct 14, 2010.

1. The spidery one? Yeh she was badass.

2. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Arukenimon looked like Anastacia in a wig.

3. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

I was quite annoyed with how anti-climactic the Patamon > Angemon digivolution was...

4. RJF

RJF

I actually think all of Patamon's digivolutions were handled excellently by the storyline. There came a point when you could tell from the first few minutes that a digimon was going to get a new digivolution in that episode. That wasn't the case for Patamon, who had by far been the weakest digimon and didn't seem to be digivolving into anything good anytime soon. I mean, when I first watched the episode where Angemon digivolved, I had completely forgotten about TK's crest and really did think TK and Kari were fucked. When TK's crest started glowing, I went crazy.

5. I just watched the last 2 episodes of season 2 and they're still just as emotional as they were when I was a kid.

The highlights have to be when they all give Ken that speech about how they're friends and he can count on them no matter what etc. And when all the kids start saying what their dreams are like: 'I wanna be a teacher!' 'I want to own a bakery, I like the smell of bread.' And the emotional music in the background really doesn't help at keeping the waterworks at bay.

Taeyang likes this.
  6. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Oh yeah the actual storyline was amazing, but the Patamon > Angemon actual digivoultion was a bit lame. I'd rather have had one like Gatomon, where we see Angewomon be formed with the heels and stuff, instead of the spinning Patamon and then boom! - Angemon.

7. But that's the way all the digivolutions to Champion level were. Gatomon was already a Champion and evolved to Ultimate. When Angemon further evolves you can see how MagnaAngemon is formed.

8. I love this show. The first three seasons were the best, I lost interest and I'm finding it hard to get into the new episodes. I used to collect all the comics and watch all the episodes.

I still have a Gabumon and Gatomon plushie. :3

My favorite characters are Kari and Mimi and most recently Matt. Matt had a band as well but he ended up being some spaceman in the epilougue. I think it might have been some part time work or something.

I make a gag with my friends that Matt and some other dudes all replace members from a band called Bad Luck from the anime Gravitation. Blame it on the sugababes.

For season 3 I love Rika and Renamon. =3

9. I want this on DVD.

10. Which digimon was it did stuff by painting spells in the air? That was pretty cool

11. RJF

RJF

Taomon; Renamon's ultimate level in Season 3.

12. I never understood the point of Gatomon being a Champion level digimon, while the other 7 kids had rookies. Considering that TK and Kari, their partners, and crests were meant to be paired - it kinda threw things off, especially in season 2.

13. RJF

RJF

I think it was done to initially throw the viewer off so they didn't immediately think she was the eigthth Digimon. They were also had to put her on the same playing field with the other Digimon, who had started to get the Ultimate level. Also, we know that Gatomon had a far more difficult time than the other Digimon did. Perhaps a tougher life forced her to "settle" into her a more powerful form?

14. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Salamon was cute, they should have showed more of her. However, Pata/Gatomon were better-!

15. Yeah, that makes sense. I also remember a storyline in season 2 where she lost her tail ring and "devolved" to a rookie.

My favorite Digimon will always be Agumon! I loved him, Tai, and all his digivolved stages.

Did anyone else collect any of the toys/merchandise? I have Tai's orange/blue digivivce (season 1), Davis' blue D-3 digivice/ DTerminal (season 2) and Takato's red D-power digivice (season 3), numerous playing cards and Digimon: The Movie soundtrack/DVD.

16. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

I always wanted the digivices. I had the trading cards though.

I think I tried to make a Clow Book and a Digivice out of cardboard and ice cream tubs, haha!

17. At the risk of sounding stupid, what's a Clow Book?

18. I know very little about Cardcaptors, but its version of Pikachu was kind of rad.

19. That's exactly what I thought.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.