Dimestars | The Popjustice Forum

Dimestars

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by britishlad1981, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Does anyone remember Dimestars?! I saw them at a concert in the mid 90s (Maybe supporting Ant & Dec on their Cult of Ant & Dec tour!?) and was briefly infatuated with them. So Long Solo and Echo Beach are pop gems that have really stodo the test of time! Does anyone know of any other material they did...

2. Sorry what? You saw them in the mid 90s? On tour with ant and dec? That cant be, they only formed in 2000. They were really good tho, saw them on kylie''s light years tour. Managed to get they''r unreleased album too xo

3. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I have the promo album, too. Really good.

4. It was probably the Kylie tour you saw them at. "My Superstar" was very good! Didn''t the girl join another group later on?

5. The girl, roxanne wilde released a couple of dance tracks, one with the visitors - "our lips are sealed" and one with DT8 - "destination" she''s recording solo stuff, she has a myspace. Id love to know what tom is up to, i mega fancyed him xo

6. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Roxanne did some work on sister Kim''s euro album Never Say Never.

7. I am sure I saw them before that!! Oh dear - i must have been wrong! But i am at least glad someone else appreciates the amazingness of them!

8. They were great. Theyw ere about to release a double A side of Echo Beach and Pretty In Pink before they quit. Roxanne Wilde was working on a solo album a few years ago, one track ''Limbo'' was released on a Wall Of Sound sampler, it''s rather good. Also, she did a second new wave cover with The Visitor, ''The Walk'', the Eurthmics song. Amazing! Sadly unreleased... Wall Of Sound went bust so might be the reason for the huge delay...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.