Disclosure - Ecstasy + Third album | The Popjustice Forum

Disclosure - Ecstasy + Third album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aidan, May 16, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

Coming soon

2. Honestly if they just wanted to release 14 new tracks that are just clones of Magnets I’d let them. Give me the bops!

3. I loved Settle, Caracal had a few good songs but felt like a retread of what made Settle so successful. Perched to see where they take it now

4. Their last album was a bit "meh" in places so I hope this is a return to form!

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  5. Hooray my boys are back!

jj_ likes this.
  6. Oh yay! I’m interested to see what they sound like in 2018.

FridayNight and inevitable like this.
  7. FINALLY!

I love both of their albums so consider me perched.

8. Was just thinking about them, wondering if they would ever come back. While I liked their last album, it just felt like a poor Side B of their debut. I'm hopeful their sound has developed a bit in the three years since.

FridayNight, Mr.Arroz, acl and 2 others like this.
  9. I liked the last album – Magnets and Good Intentions were bopificent.

I love the single art.

10. I always adore their Artwork

11. I hope Sam Smith is not involved.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

EXCITING! Settle is still a classic and Caracal really grew on me, I'm intrigued what they'll bring!

inevitable likes this.
  13. Well they did give him two of his only three decent tracks besides Restart but yes keep him away this time.

14. RJF

RJF

I think... the second album was a little unfairly maligned. I think there were big expectations in terms of who they were going to collaborate with after the debut was retroactively stacked with stars, so when the second one came out, people were a bit disappointed by the feature roster (which, hilariously, is also kind of retroactively stacked with stars) while the album itself was pretty solid. "Afterthought" is surprisingly one of my favourites.

I do wonder if they'll have changed it up though.

15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Honestly Jaded is one of their best....wonder if they'll hold back on the features a bit?

davidbesan, Vitamin, stoicist and 4 others like this.
  16. Their debut is a classic so colour me excited.

17. I hope so or maybe go with lesser known people as their features

inevitable and 2014 like this.
  18. My two favorite tracks from the album but then again I’m hard pressed to hate anything Miguel puts his name to.

19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

speaking of features they've had pretty huge ones? Lorde, The Weeknd, Mary J. Blige, and have also helped break in new stars like London Grammar, Jessie Ware and AlunaGeorge. Yeah they've relied on Sam Smith too much but every act has its faults!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.