Disney | Page 194 | The Popjustice Forum

Disney

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Charley, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

My main issue was the endless flipping back and forth between good and bad Gisele.
    And that scroll pretty much spelling out the entire plot, like: we all saw what she wished for and we all saw what happened to her?

2. I'm happy for Iger to be back. Maybe I'll go back to being a Magic Key-holder again.

3. I'm finding Disenchanted painful to watch. I've been watching for an hour and I'm...bored to tears. The songs are terrible. There is none of the ironic humour of the first. All of the characters are annoying, even dare I say it, Giselle. I'm just going to re-watch the first I think.

4. BTG

BTG

Disney forcing me to watch *checks notes* a sequel to The Descendants in order to see Brandy as Cinderella again.

Also Rita continuing to get these high profile gigs is wild to me.

[​IMG]

5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I just watched Belle's Enchanted Christmas, having read it was one of the better sequels and erm...
    I don't think I want to see any other sequels then.

GodsAndMonsters and DoggySwami like this.
  6. Need Disney to get Brandy & Rita on a bop of this level:

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

So I lowkey wanna thank Belle's Horrific Christmas Movie for leading me to this thread discussing every straight to VHS/DVD sequel ever and I'm having a blast reading all of it:

Andrew likes this.
  8. I LOVED Disenchanted. No it's not as good as the first one but I thought it was fun and camp, and wasn't the same story over again like most sequels that are made years later.

I'm obsessed with Badder, it's really getting me through some difficult times by being a welcome distraction.

LPT, johnny_tsunami, Remorque and 6 others like this.
  9. Partly cause of the discussion here and partly cause I had never seen it even though the first one is one of my favorites and Belle is my favorite princess, I watched Beauty & The Beast: The Enchanted Christmas last night and honestly it was unhinged but...it was a fun time? And I really enjoyed it?

Conan, j267 and Mvnl like this.
  10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well I'm glad someone did!
    It does seem to be fondly remembered by a lot of people.. I guess growing up with it might make all the difference?

Music Is Death likes this.
  11. Probably, which makes sense. Honestly, Belle's Magical World was way worse. So dumb, contrived and frustrating.

Mvnl likes this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah I read that was basically 3 episodes of a scrapped shown thrown together to make for a 'movie'

Music Is Death likes this.
  13. You kinda get the vibe of that too. The animation was not great and the plots of the three stories were really frustrating. Cinderella II did the three stories thing way better.

berserkboi likes this.
  14. You can hate on the movie all you want, but if you don't recognize this as one of the greatest Christmas songs of all time, I don't know what to tell you.

Remorque, stuaw and Coochi like this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The movie version kinda fell flat compared to Play’s

Remorque and Conan like this.
  16. I just watched the first two episodes of the Willow series.

Disappointed would be an understatement.

17. That’s a damn shame. I just finished watching the movie which is a delight to this day. First time seeing it since I was a kid.

_Gru_ likes this.
  18. Weird isn’t it? There are some great ideas but… it just looks and feels a bit crap.

There’s no way the princess’ girlfriend/ side kick isn’t the real chosen one.

_Gru_ likes this.
  19. The Madmartigan replacement is a bit rubbish, and I can't remember Warwick Davis being this wooden before.

Still - nice to see Joanne Whalley again.

rav4boy likes this.
  20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

So... Strange Worlds was a bit of a nonevent.

LPT and Remorque like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.