Disney

He/Him
The CGI looks awful, Ariel's sisters look like the graphics from a cheap and bad PC game from 2002.
If you are talking about this, it's just cheap product marketing art - which means it has the most basic of lighting, no shadows and is there to be slapped on some silly merchandise products.
1682325336_youloveit_com_ariel_live_action_sisters.jpg

There's absolutely no question Bailey is an incredible singer technically but I feel like she oversings parts of it. Part of the beauty of the original is that it is for the most part intimate, pretty stripped back and confessional. Almost talk-singing for much of the duration but dense with feeling and emotion.

Berry's version feels like what you get what you get someone trying to turn it into a singer's vocal gymnastic showcase. It just loses the simplicity and purity of intent of the original for me. Especially those runs where she's almost spitting the words out staccato. I don't get the idea behind that at all.

If you are talking about this, it's just cheap product marketing art - which means it has the most basic of lighting, no shadows and is there to be slapped on some silly merchandise products.
1682325336_youloveit_com_ariel_live_action_sisters.jpg

Not like The Little Mermaid is known for its strong worldbuilding or whatever, but it's a bit weird how it looks like some of the sisters are wearing a bra/top while others look like their upper body "outfit" is actually part of their skin/made of scales.

She sounds great and I love it but the original is just like... in my bones at this point so any other version sounds strange to me. I am very excited to see what she does with the role, and for the film generally. I have no idea when I'll see it as we have our c section scheduled for the same day the film is released.

Not like The Little Mermaid is known for its strong worldbuilding or whatever, but it's a bit weird how it looks like some of the sisters are wearing a bra/top while others look like their upper body "outfit" is actually part of their skin/made of scales.

In fact there's been quite a lore dump from the books they've been releasing! Each sister rules a different ocean and has a different power, including Ariel.

I hate these live action disney films having to do realistic animals in CGI. And then having them talk. It just looks weird. Cartoon talking animals is fine but CGI talking animals just look goofy to me, and maybe it's because i'm an adult and not a kid... But I just don't find it whimsical. I feel like it takes away some of the magic of it.

He/Him
I hate these live action disney films having to do realistic animals in CGI. And then having them talk. It just looks weird. Cartoon talking animals is fine but CGI talking animals just look goofy to me, and maybe it's because i'm an adult and not a kid... But I just don't find it whimsical. I feel like it takes away some of the magic of it.
It’s because they can’t emote due to the fact they look like an actual animal. You can only push that so far before it gets weird. Appeal also starts to fail, especially in terms of crabs and fish. Cuteness is harder to show.