DJ Earworm - Shine Brighter (United State of Pop 2012) | The Popjustice Forum

DJ Earworm - Shine Brighter (United State of Pop 2012)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mushroom, Dec 20, 2012.

1. We usually have a thread to discuss this, right?

Well, here it is, for the sixth year in a row:

[video=youtube;6q0dsG8fTHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6q0dsG8fTHY[/video]

It's quite good (although not of 2009 standard).

2. Oh wow, I really enjoyed that!

3. I love hearing the shine bright/tonight part of Diamonds with a fast beat. Would love if someone eventually released an up temp version of it.

4. Flo Rida guest raps truly are inescapable.

5. These mixes are always brilliant. This is no exception. Amazing.

My favourite is 2008. Less technically sophisticated than subsequent years but "Viva La Vida" is the best link imaginable.

6. Well, I give this guy credit for doing an excellent job on the mixing, but HOLY SHIT was 2012 a crap year for music. Adele and The Wanted are the only two acts in that whole mix that I even think are worth a damn and only Adele do I own. Proof once again that the public and I don't get along musically.

7. Great mashup, as usual. I do wonder how he came up with these 25. Bruno Mars and fun. get 2 songs each, but Rihanna only gets Diamonds? Wasn't Where Have You Been huge?

8. I thought this was a bit crap to be honest. I, as always, appreciate the attempt to stitch together a unique chorus but it just never quite took off and there were very few 'wow' moments in terms of chopping/changing/mixing any of the tracks.

THIS, however, is chock full of 'wow's particularly from 2.28 onwards:
    [video=youtube;If5MF4wm1T8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If5MF4wm1T8[/video]

9. So, so good IMHO. I didn't like the original much either.

10. Not my cup of tea, it´s ok but he did better in the past. Maybe because I´m not a fan of "Die young" and the instrumental is very prominent in this whole thing, this year was amazing for alternative music but not so much for pop music.

11. Much perfer this one.

[video=youtube;9hQczDRacKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hQczDRacKs[/video]

It includes Girls Aloud in this one.

12. ^ The above wins just for somehow working I Don't Give A by Madonna in. Kinda.

13. I've been listening to the Pop Danthology repeatedly since it came out. As a whole, the different sections of the song aren't as smooth as Earworm's, but the lines themselves blend better and it has a better selection of songs included.

14. Not sure if this deserves an entire new thread (perhaps one should be created for all of Earworm's mashups, and maybe the 'Danthology' ones too?), but here's his latest mid-year offering, 'SummerMash '13':

[video=youtube;_g0cYLVrCz4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g0cYLVrCz4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Featuring:

Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie - 'This Is What It Feels Like'
    Bastille - 'Pompeii'
    Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams- 'Get Lucky'
    Demi Lovato - 'Heart Attack'
    Icona Pop feat .Charlie XCX - 'I Love It'
    Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton - 'Can't Hold Us'
    Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera - 'Feel This Moment'
    Rihanna feat. David Guetta - 'Right Now'
    Robin Thicke feat. T.I. & Pharrell Williams - 'Blurred Lines'
    Will.i.am feat. Justin Bieber - '#thatPOWER'
    Zedd feat. Foxes - 'Clarity'

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  15. The parts which use 'I Love it' as its backbone work quite well in that they don't feel as forced, tempo-wise, than the parts which run over the 'Get Lucky' instrumental, even if the entire mash-up feels incredibly repetitive. The slowing down of tempos throughout is the biggest issue, with 'Heart Attack' and 'Can't Hold Us' sounding rather painful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.