Do we really need a Random Thoughts thread? Thoughts. | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Do we really need a Random Thoughts thread? Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tribal Spaceman, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I could swear there was one of those already...

2. I'm thinking of spearheading more of a Kony 2012 type campaign. RJF 2013.

3. As long as it doesn't end up with you taking off all your clothes and running around the street.

4. Why not.

5. Yeah, on second thoughts...

6. Rmx

Rmx

I applied but I don't think mr. PJ even knows who I am so I'm not keeping my fingers crossed, but I hope I'll get! Seems fun and I spend 90% of my time online anyway so it's not like I'm already basically moderating this forum in my head all the time.

7. duckface

duckface Guest

Who doesn't know who Rmx is?

I hope my 'infraction' doesn't count against me. I honestly can't believe I was accused of racism for calling another Arab "an Arab". I didn't realize my ethnicity was a slur!

8. That's definitely an advantage of that thread existing. Before there were many threads, often good ones, where you had to stick to the subject - but however much people tried they died off quite soon. Now we can raise those things in the RT thread instead and they'll (hopefully) get the attention they deserve, until something else takes over.

OK, those little brilliant discussions won't be so easy to navigate to and find in the future, but that's often a minor loss. It's better if the precise differentiation is done on the main board instead, where people really know what they're talking about. (And in the Lists section, were mvnl's lists of lists is almost overpowering.) That doesn't belittle the Off Topic section, some of the most interesting discussions can be had here, but things should be a bit more relaxed here too.

9. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Perhaps the answer here to is keep Random Thoughts as it is, but encourage people to create new threads if a conversation warrants it. If certain things keep coming up in conversation it's probably best that they have a dedicated thread of their own, after all.

There have been times I have wanted to create a new discussion but decided against it as I felt it would probably end up deleted. If we were encouraged to do this a bit more it might make Random Thoughts seem a little more accessible to casual participants and newcomers, whilst keeping the regulars happy too.

10. duckface

duckface Guest

Shall we close this thread? It's all getting a bit redundant now.

'We like Random Thoughts' vs. 'We never feel included because we don't include ourselves'.

11. K94

K94

Exactly - it's open and everything's fine so let's just leave it at that - people are always welcome to join in conversation at any point.

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Sounds like this year's Big Brother to me.

13. Oh yes. It would be popjustice's biggest comeback if this happened,,, Ha ha.

14. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I once got 'debord' as a captcha whilst buying Girls Aloud tickets on ticketmaster.

15. K94

K94

Who was debord? - he seems annoying.

16. Debord is legendary. I feel so blasphemous using the General Madonna thread, since he started it.

17. RJF

RJF

I think debord was before my time.

18. He was/is a massive Madonna stan. He was kind of scary.

19. I think he left in late '09, I can't be sure though. He was amazing, able to reduce anyone to shreds with a single line of text, but always in the best way. You could argue with debord endlessly, and it was so much fun.

20. duckface

duckface Guest

Your British pop culture reference is lost on me, You snob, you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.