Do you watch YouTubers?

After so many years of internet, it's so curious to randomly drop back in and see how YouTubers lives have panned out.

I had no idea AmazingPhil and Dan Howell are an item.

Charlieissocoollike now identifies as she/her.

Alex Day who used to be huge, and get songs on the charts etc, I can't find.

Whatever happened to Jenna Marbles? Miranda Sings?

Another guy who was succesful wiped all his videos and, on Insta, no longer follows his frequent video collaborator. Whatever happened to friends forever?

Anyway, I have no idea who is famous on YouTube nowadays (is there still such a thing as YouTube famous?).

he / him
Anyway, I have no idea who is famous on YouTube nowadays (is there still such a thing as YouTube famous?).
I don't know if this says more about my personal taste or if others would agree, but I can consider Cody Ko, Danny Gonzalez, Drew Gooden, Kurtis Conner, Micarah Tewers, Mr Beast, Noel Miller and Safiya Nygard to be YouTube famous.

Last edited:
No one's really famous as much as marketing. There's a deliberate structure to everything now. Organic following really only comes from TikTok and Insta (and I'm sure Truth Social too!) now, yeah?

Not a tut-tut on the platform, just a way of saying that I think it's become a proper entire cog of modern commerce moreso than the primarily entertainment arena it used to be.

I watch a couple YouTubers who talk about JRPGs. But I find most YouTubers to be deeply untalented and not particularly watchable.

Highly recommend Luxeria’s channel, aside from hilariously commenting on episodes of early naughts shows like America’s Next Top Scandal Model and The Swan, she also put out a really interesting and informative video documenting her facial feminization surgery journey:

I have found a new channel, Hannah Alonzo. It is for anti MLM huns just like me.

And she is a detective as well dd.

Youtube stop shoving the Colleen Balling apology video down my throat challenge. Do that fucking challenge.

Also what a disgusting person.

Youtube stop shoving the Colleen Balling apology video down my throat challenge. Do that fucking challenge.

Also what a disgusting person.

I feel like her and Shane Dawson came from the same era of terrible "humor" and boundary pushing that all their fans have been/were too young to recognize was terrible. And now that all the fans are older, have now promptly called them out for.
But that damn ukelele video was the absolute worst. I bet the controversy surrounding her wouldn't have even reached half the people it did had she not released that dumb terrible video that brought even more attention to how terrible she is.

Depressing. Maybe the climate change-induced apocalypse we will suffer was not a mistake.
I hate this but I did make myself watch the first minute and laughed at Beedrill being his first smash. Especially in THAT pose. (He also passed on Raichu which is so sad.)

I also think he's hot help :( "smash" in that barely audible voice yes God. I'm ready to be sun-dried by global warming.

She/Her/Queen

I'm obsessed with Naomi's videos? Her personality is just so endearing and I can hear her talk and review anything for days, or even ramen! I just love her. I hope she's not problematic? The fact she has some pop bops help too!

Last edited:
I feel like her and Shane Dawson came from the same era of terrible "humor" and boundary pushing that all their fans have been/were too young to recognize was terrible. And now that all the fans are older, have now promptly called them out for.
But that damn ukelele video was the absolute worst. I bet the controversy surrounding her wouldn't have even reached half the people it did had she not released that dumb terrible video that brought even more attention to how terrible she is.

I have watched the ukulele apology video, and girl was apology ever in the room with her? She was just strumming her ukulele, singing and absolutely not taking any accountability when there are swathes of disgusting posts/messages like? Be fucking for real for a second Colleen.

Also i never found Miranda Sings remotely funny even when i was a teenager/young adult. And that Netflix show was cringe AF. Good riddance overall.