Doctor Who | Page 491 | The Popjustice Forum

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by RHOPJ, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Except for an engaging story, but yes.

RHOPJ and Andrew like this.
  2. If I was going for Season 21, The Awakening and Frontios stand head and shoulders above the others... after the Androzani 11/10 (ever with that Magma Beast)

3. If only I had read this before putting myself through Time and the Rani! As much as I love the character, it is terrible. I do like the first episode though for the garish special effects, camp dialogue and that glitter gun too.

idratherjack and Doodvid like this.
  4. Time and the Rani was the first time I was embarrassed watching Doctor Who with my family. Kate O'Mara gives it her all but it really is bloody awful and deserves it's reputation as the nadir of Doctor Who. It's all downhill after the iconic "leave the girl, it's the man I want".

The_Rani and Andrew like this.
  5. Actually, I quite liked Time And The Rani when it premiered. As a kid, I gasped at the explosion of the new title sequence, the bubbletrap, and The Rani's return. It's not great, of course. But I still find ways to enjoy it. I'd watch it over Planet of Fire, Timelash, Twin Dilemma, and a whole chunk of Series 6.

The_Rani, Andrew and Doodvid like this.
  6. Time And The Rani gives us two great cliffhangers, a memorable monster, Kate O'Mara, and it's at least never boring....
    Unlike the worst Dr Who Story Of All Time (in my opinion) Underworld. I woukd also probably watch it over some others as well.

The_Rani and Doodvid like this.
  7. Here we go

GodsAndMonsters, Sam, RHOPJ and 2 others like this.
  8. I'm going to stock up on snacks.

GodsAndMonsters, The_Rani and Andrew like this.
  9. Bullet train?
    [​IMG]

Andrew likes this.
  10. Yas

idratherjack, Doodvid and RHOPJ like this.
  11. Nice to see some more pictures. I hope this special is a good one.

12. I mean it is a Chibnall finale so everything including the wall attached to the kitchen sink will be flung in, but I'm still excited regardless.

13. I liked most of Flux and the Dalek one. The Sea Devil one wasn't great. I remain hopeful.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  14. I'm most excited to see mouth on legs Tegan Jovanka again.

[​IMG]

Queen of mid 80s fashion.

Mikey1701, RHOPJ, Doodvid and 2 others like this.
  15. This obvious tribute to 1980s Frida is my favourite ever TARDIS look.

idratherjack and RHOPJ like this.
  16. Mel fans unite!

17. It is.

Alan and Doodvid like this.
  18. Looks like Chibnall is throwing everything but the kitchen sink into the episode

Inland Empire and Dylan like this.
  19. Please be good. Please be good!

GodsAndMonsters and RHOPJ like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.