Doctor Who | Page 55 | The Popjustice Forum

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by RHOPJ, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

Amazing episode, although I am a bit confused about something. In "Blink", the Doctor fooled the Angels by making them look at eachother. So, if an Angel sees another one, it is still observation, and thus it turns that one into stone.
    Well, if we have a bunch of Angels in one cave (one room, basically) doesn't that mean that each of them would be in the field of view of at least another one? And that would make them petrified forever. No? And yet they still seem to move like an army.

2. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

They only moved when the lights went out, as they wouldn't be able to see each other.

3. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

Can't wait for this weeks episode 'Flesh and Stone' - should be amazing!

4. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

Well that was interesting. And it seems we may have a donna noble type story again. (With out giving anything away)

5. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

As a fan psychosuperfan of Donna Noble, I cannot complain.

6. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

Another great episode! Amy's great & I love the mystery of River Song hope she comes back.

7. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

I think she's in the finale.

8. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

Hmmm. I really liked the episode but the ending...no idea what to make of it. At all.

9. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

Yer ... disappointing ending. But I totally would wanna get with Matt Smith - phwoar.

I hope River Song's back soon ... she's uber-amazing.

10. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

Well it pretty much does sound like we're getting River Song back for the finale then. Although from what she said, that story will be set before the one we've just watched on screen in terms of her timeline what with the "I remember it well" line.

Really enjoyed this week's episode, although wish Amy had a little bit more to do as she spent the whole section with her eyes closed being pretty annoying. Was great to finally see the angel's themselves actually moving, too.

As for the 'companion at the centre of everything' thing - please let it just be a coincidence and not the actual case. We just went through all that with Donna a mere two years ago!

11. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

The angels moving was really creepy. I didn't expect it to be at all, thought it would completely ruin the horror but it was chilling.

It's being heavily implied that River Song killed the Doctor isn't it? Hopefully just a regeneration then. Of course it isn't going to be that simple and the writers are just throwing us a huge red herring but I wouldn't mind a regeneration. I love Matt Smith but he hasn't implanted himself as the Doctor yet. I assume he will when this series is over, regardless of whether he stays or not.

12. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

I got the impression that river had killed the dr too.

13. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

But there was also stuff that 'time can be re-written', perhaps he manages to change time to avoid being killed or something, maybe it just seems like she's killed him?

14. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

River will probably be brought back to kill The 11th Doctor when Matt is leaving. It will probably be done to save the universe or something.

I am really enjoying the new series so far. I still miss my beloved Donna Noble but this is fab stuff.

15. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

Dont get me started on donna noble. I Fuckin love that woman. I was devastated when dr donna was erased. Turn left was a masterpiece.

16. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

This two parter has made me feel a lot better about the new Dr Who season! I actually felt tense throughout, even though at times I did have a little trouble trying to work out what was going on!

I like all the little hints they keep dropping, and I'm glad we've got more of an idea about that crack, as I would get really annoyed if it just appeared in every episode only to be explained right at the very end.

Looking forward to next week's episode!

17. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

As a huge Donna fan, I have nothing but complaints. I don't want the same thing again, I wanted Amy to be something totally new.
    I hope Moffat is intentionally referencing the end of series 4 in these episodes, otherwise the writing is very lazy at the moment. With references like 'The trees are going out', 'it's the end of the universe', 'she's the most important woman in the universe' the show is going in the exact same direction as series 4, and if it's intentional then I hope he's going to do something clever with it.
    Last night's was okay, but needlessly complicated, and I felt it ruined the mystique of the Weeping Angles a little. There was so much we didn't know about them in 'Blink', and that was the thing that was so terrifying. We had no idea how they did what they did, how they moved, nothing except that if they touch you they send you back in time. That's it. This episode changed them too much and gave away too much about them, in my opinion.

(Jeez, all I seem to have done in this post is moan about the new episodes. But honestly, I really am just disappointed, I loved the Christopher Ecclestone and David Tennant eras so much and this series so far just isn't living up to the standards they set).

18. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

So what are your views about Amy Pond after last night's episode? I'm reading through a load of differing opinions right now. It's a battle between sheer hatred and passionate adoration!

19. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

I screamed SLUT at the TV at the ending of the episode. Her and Mr Scheuster on Glee should get together, they're both such sluts.

But I did like her throughout the rest of the episode.

20. Re: Matt Smith IS The Doctor! (And Other Doctor Who Related Stuff)

The Amy and Doctor relationship felt pretty much like a brother-sister relationship to me, so I didn't like it. I thought it was funny, but it ruined things a bit. I hope things get "solved" next week. I also thought Amy's behaviour was a bit strange and very sudden. Didn't expect that to happen at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.