Doja Cat - Amala (Debut Album) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Doja Cat - Amala (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by allyshone, Oct 7, 2014.

1. She handled that in the worst possible way she could have. Poor that.

2. Why not end both?

Mr Blonde, Jersey, Bobbyrae and 15 others like this.
  3. Very helpful when acts cancel themselves before I need to learn who they are xx

4. but these male rappers don’t have fanbases that are in their overwhelming majority queer.

most of the people or at least a huge chunk of people buying/streaming/going to doja cat concerts are queer.

Uno likes this.
  5. Wtf is a doja cat

Former member 21294, KYLE and TRAVVV like this.
  6. Shame. I quite liked her album.

7. Shoulda known when she said "If he gay, the way he taste, that shit turn hetero". Sis, I really doubt any gay man wants anything to do with your...cake.

8. Faye Tozer’s brasilian fans.

TRAVVV likes this.
  9. I was just going to say I hope she realizes how ignorant she sounds.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  10. Go to town is one of my favourite songs of the year, but i thought that her album was a bit bland.

11. I honestly thought she was long gone after the Purr EP. I was turned on to "No Police" by this stoner guy I used to write with in my college newspaper who took acid and mushrooms and had a thing for trippy music, and I remember being absolutely gobsmacked by that song. It's still one of my favorite songs of the decade. The album, which came out of nowhere or me, had some fun songs too. I wasn't a die-hard anyway, and I probably won't stop listening to her, but I'll just steer clear of her socials.

Bruno Reguffe and TRAVVV like this.
  12. I mean, this is a complete turn around from yesterday's "apology" which makes me not believe it at all.

junglefish and flowersandu like this.
  13. Does she even have a fanbase? For all I've seen of her she's able to perform like once a year for 100 people

Island, KYLE, spaceship and 1 other person like this.
  14. SJSKKDJFKGL S

Bobbyrae, Mr.Arroz, TRAVVV and 4 others like this.
  15. It's 2018, is it too hard not to be homophobic? I know this is quite a naively rhetorical question, but this is disappointing. Her apology doesn't seem genuine. Do better.

Island, Vasilios and TRAVVV like this.
  16. One of her biggest songs (? I'm guessing ) makes fun of Asian people so I'm not too shocked but this was completely avoidable on her behalf. At least I didn't stream her album yet?

Vasilios likes this.
  17. Wow people really give anyone clout regardless of talent or civility, hey?

Anyways, happy to see that this is hopefully over before it even began because the music is god awful. The internet is at the point than anyone with a microphone and an audible voice is able to speak some nonsense over a melodically devoid track and develop some sense of popularity.

Tragic.

18. The song is up on streaming services

19. Go To Town is a serious bop though.

Maybe I AM a faggot.

ericcccc and Bruno Ferreira like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.