Doja Cat - Hot Pink (2nd Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Doja Cat - Hot Pink (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by allyshone, Oct 7, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Didn't see a thread for this girl so I thought i'd start one.

Doja Cat is making waves on the Interwebs. The 18-year-old singer/rapper is from LA and is signed to MAU Records/Sony. Her debut EP "Purrr!" hit iTunes on August 5th 2014, featuring her most well known song 'So High' and 4 other tracks. She masters the art of almost meow-ing over slow/mid-tempo beats that makes ME want to sunbathe with a glass of red wine in my right hand and a smoke in the left... Something I have yet to accomplish in the British weather.

Songs to listen to:

- So High
    - Control
    - No Police

Anyway, get into her PJ.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  2. She tweeted "Back in the stuu yo. Starting 2015 with the ill vibes" yesterday.

Hopefully some great new music to come!
    Also Doja is Becky G's hot friend in the "Shower" video.

3. Somebody sent me 'Control' a few weeks ago and I really like it. Interested to see what a full album from her will sound like.

4. ICONIC already.

No Police is fantastic.

5. Getting her life to Shower:

[​IMG]

Did you listen to the EP Vas?

6. K94

K94

She's only 18 - what even??

7. Yup, and she's already talking about "panties on the marble floor, guess my pants is fancy". Amazing.

TRAVVV likes this.
  8. So High is rather good sounding!

9. Love the whole EP. A new fave has come *Simply Red feels*

10. I was at a house party a couple of months ago and everyone was pretty out of it. Someone put on Doja Cat and I instantly loved her - but the next day I could for the life of me remember what in the hell her name was or what the songs were called. I was so annoyed! Weeks passed and then I saw someone post a pic of the EP on Instagram, quoting the lyrics or something basic like that. Anyway I googled the name on a hunch and voila, I found my girl. I'm slightly obsessed - 'So High' and 'No Police' are amazing.

11. Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  12. This girl is so quotable, I love her. She needs to become a mega star

13. 'So High' is mesmerising, but 'No Police' is better, however I think 'Control' might be my favourite song by her. Just beautiful. For 18 she's really wise beyond her years (if she's writing these herself). Amazing.

14. I just found her out recently and oh my God, So High is so fucking good and also hilarious. The video......... I can't.

TRAVVV likes this.
  15. MEGA BOP!

TRAVVV likes this.
  16. Heard Go To Town for the first time a few days ago. It's really good.

17. Loving her “comeback” tracks so far. Where has she been the last 3 years?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  18. I saw her live on Periscope randomly like a year or so ago. I told her I liked the banana skirt she had hanging around her lamp and she went into a really long rant about how fake people are and how nothing people say is real. That was my first introduction to her so it was weird seeing this thread pop up today.

19. This doesn't surprise me. I'll still bop though.

BEST FICTION likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.