Doja Cat - Hot Pink | Page 84 | The Popjustice Forum

Doja Cat - Hot Pink

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by allyshone, Oct 7, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Runawaywithme, blaze_dave, He and 5 others like this.

2. Freak certainly goes on a bit doesn't it?

It's incredible how fast she lost all her hype.

Rob likes this.
  3. Did she lose it though? How are we even measuring this? I think we should wait for the next single before jumping to these conclusions.

And yeah, Freak is amazing.

Crisp X, Andy French, RMK and 3 others like this.
  4. Go
    God she does make such good music . If she could reign in her personality just a tad the sky’s the limit for her !

5. I mean nobody's even talking about her, online or IRL. She didn't follow up Say So with another hit. The Weeknd remix did nothing despite other remixes of hit songs doing well at the minute. It just feels like she's been quite swiftly forgotten. But yeah let's see.

6. I mean, she’s not doing anything... not sure what you want people to talk about. That doesn’t mean her “hype” is gone.

Truce likes this.
  7. I loved Freak! A BOP

SecretSatisfaction likes this.
  8. Her hype definitely cooled off after it went viral that she likes to kiki with nazis, but it's way too early to tell what her long-term career trajectory is. The business is generally not kind to female rappers after more than an era or two, but Nicki has broken that mold in a huge way and Cardi is following suit, so I don't think we can write Doja off yet.

9. We still have Like That on heavy rotation at our Top 40 station here, is that basically DOA now?

11. It’s Top 20 (#17) but it’s lost all momentum.

Lately and sesita like this.
  13. This is objectively not true.

singabob and Troylovesmusic like this.
  14. Which bit is untrue?

15. "Talk Dirty" should have swiftly followed up "Say So" but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hyrulian and Jonathan27 like this.
  16. Like That > Streets > Talk Dirty would’ve been a great singles run post Say So. They were right to go with Like That because it was blowing up on Tik Tok, they justbotched the release with all the controversy / video leaking / general pandemic etc. They should move on to the next album at this point.

chaychay7 likes this.
  17. I don't think the problem was the single choice. The thing is Like That had huge buzz online while Say So was smashing. It even got on Today's Top Hits and was constantly on Spotify top 100. The problem is it eventually got removed since it was pushed as a single so much later and I guess they don't re-add songs. But it has big numbers on Spotify and is probably close, if not already, platinum. She'll leave this era with Say So, Boss Bitch and Like That being hits, that's pretty awesome for her.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. “Cyber Sex” also had a cute viral moment. Still mad “Bottom Bitch” never got any shine.

19. I'm still pressed my dream of a Bottom Bitch remix with Charli never became a reality.

superultra, Runawaywithme and Jersey like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.