Doja Cat - “Kiss Me More (feat. SZA)” + Planet Her | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Doja Cat - “Kiss Me More (feat. SZA)” + Planet Her

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jan 27, 2021.

1. It's very Say So. Seems to sample Physical?

basil, LPMA, Grins and 3 others like this.
  2. Doja served yet another summer bop but it's nothing groundbreaking. The key progression and guitar loop are quite boring but it fits the 'chill bop' theme. SZA killed her verse.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021 at 11:51 AM
    basil, tea, iRyan and 5 others like this.
  3. Oh, I love this. I’m not necessarily expecting anything groundbreaking here since she’s said that the album is basically Hot Pink 2, but that it leans more into the pop aspect, and the track does that extremely well.

basil, Andy French and He like this.
  4. Couple listens in and I really love this.

It’s not pushing her into any territory but it feels like the more laidback after party to ‘Say So’s more in your face sugar rush.

He likes this.
  5. It's not the banger I was expecting and Hot Pink has at least 2-3 songs left stronger than this but maybe it will grow.

basil, goldsoundz and nooniebao like this.
  6. I was bopping along alright until SZA came in, she really elevates it for me.

7. Shocked that they’re doing a regional release instead of putting the song out at 12 AM EST / 9 AM PST tonight.

lushLuck, superloves and Butterfly like this.
  8. They had that and we still ended up with the cover we got? (pt. MMXVII)

9. I’m guessing that’s a still from the music video? I hope that if it is, that it’s on YouTube tonight.

He and spaceship like this.
  10. I haven't seen any info about Pharrell being involved. He's not in the credits at least:

Amala Zandile Dlamini, David Sprecher, Roget Chahayed, Carter Lang, Gerard A. Powell II & Solana Rowe

Apparently there are more pre-album tracks, so it sounds like they're doing something similar to Hot Pink

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021 at 5:02 PM
    basil, He, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  11. Yeah this bops. SZA really comes on and elevates the song even more when her part comes in !

12. The way Olivia Newton John’s lawyer has been fast asleep for the last year.

13. He was trending last night on Twitter for producing this track. This image was making the rounds, but apparently it might have been from Genius so user generated?!

From what I could dig this AM, Pharrell is involved with the album so he was being credited for this track

14. Oh yeah he's definitely on the album. I think she followed him, and she said all the people she was following are people she's currently working with.

FINISH LINE and nooniebao like this.
  15. Oh wow stunning. They're definitely going to be giant women like on the single cover huh

Macsun, basil, He and 4 others like this.
  16. The vibe and overall rhythm is giving me modern The Cardigans.

QueenB, Gabeee9292, Mr Blonde and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.