Doja Cat - Planet Her | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

Doja Cat - Planet Her

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinashe, her impact. Bad b- link up, indeed.

Dijah., superultra, Mr Blonde and 5 others like this.
  2. Wow, the video is gorgeous

basil, He, ItBeats and 2 others like this.
  3. This is so good.

He and lushLuck like this.
  4. Disappointed but not surprised at the Luke credit. Good thing the song is kinda basic. It's not doing anything for me.

R27, Island, heavymetalGAGA and 2 others like this.
  5. The music video’s left me disappointed I can’t lie. It’s like it was hitting all the right beats but still felt sluggish.

Mr Blonde, sesita, superloves and 4 others like this.
  6. They both look stunning in the video. My boo Alex Landi was looking mighty fine, too. The song isn't what I expected as her lead, but it's breezy and cute and feels like it could be a grower.

Island, He, lushLuck and 1 other person like this.
  7. Video needed slightly more going on, and some of the scenes felt like they should've been sped up (as in filmed with the song playing slower, I guess) to give them a bit more energy?

Visually very stunning though. And I suppose it's fitting that we got a perfectly nice but not ground-breaking video for a song of the same nature.

Lately and nooniebao like this.
  8. I agree that the video needed more. Especially since Doja always comes through with strong visuals. I always feel like heavy-CGI videos always end up looking a bit cheap.

9. The video's kinda lifeless (save for that skit at the end) but whew, I could stare at Alex Landi all day.

The song, on the other hand, is hitting all the right marks for me. It's currently scorching and all I want is to be on the beach as this plays. ":("

10. Also agree with the comments on the video. There was promise but something felt off throughout.

4Roses, heavymetalGAGA, He and 4 others like this.
  11. I think it's pretty easily her best video next to "Streets" and a great intro to the world of Planet Her. Very excited to see what comes next if they're following the same rollout as Hot Pink.

He and lushLuck like this.
  12. The only part of the video I liked was the skit at the end.

The imagery and styling in both the single cover and video feel very tacky. I get what they were going for but it doesn't quite work. It's odd cause the visuals last era were pretty much perfect.

sesita, francisco, basil and 6 others like this.
  13. It’s a breezy bop and I really like it, but it does feel like a bit like a Say So retread. I was hoping she would do something more bold to lead the album with.

The video is cute and the skit at the end is brilliant. One of the rare times I’ve ever actually enjoyed a skit in a music video.

Macsun and Steve003 like this.
  14. The song itself doesn’t feel like the moment she needed to kickstart a new era and what could easily be an imperial phase for her. Perched for more though, this feels like a precursor to a bigger, superstar single (I hope)

basil, superloves, ItBeats and 4 others like this.
  15. This is exactly the sort of breezy, chill bop I need heading into the summer months. Makes me want to head to a pool in the desert ASAP.

I also really like the video. It hits exactly the same aesthetic notes as the song & suits the track perfectly.

And can one of you send the model’s Insta? That would be great.

4Roses, QueenB, Macsun and 5 others like this.
  16. He’s actually an actor on Grey’s Anatomy!

https://instagram.com/alexlandi7?igshid=1qvu44jrleg8y

17. Umm this is fucking great. Totally hear the Lovefool vibes and they both play off each other so well.

4Roses, Jonathan27, Steve003 and 2 others like this.
  18. The song is definitely a great chill bop that suits my mood right now as its getting warmer outside. Her mind! The video is gorgeous also as is the man candy. Wow.

Macsun likes this.
  19. I don’t know about y’all but this is a hit! For some reason the first comparison I could think of was “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol?? Mostly because of that beginning guitar ostinato which gives a melancholic feeling to the whole song. Very much throwing that ass in a circle, but while I’m so sad so sexy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.