Doja Cat - Planet Her | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

Doja Cat - Planet Her

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jan 27, 2021.

1. RMK

RMK

Maybe people need to see it blown up. I definitely think the typography is the only misstep.

2. The album cover is great aside from the typography and anything but "bland", like...words mean things

3. I love the cover photo, my main issue is the many light textures (?) they added. It looks a bit fan-made. And yeah I'd rather have it with no text.

Video for Need To Know looks fire though.

Truce, BrokenHearts and spaceship like this.
  4. Pretty sure those were added in real time. Part of why David’s work is so regarded is because of his lighting and how everything is usually practically done instead of just photoshopped. You’ll notice his shoot with Lizzo has the same effects

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    tea, slaybellz, Truce and 2 others like this.
  5. I'm sure the cover will look good on print as the screens are already to saturated and crisp and this is why it's looking very busy. The basic production on Need To Know though ... I don't think anything can save this.

Lately likes this.
  6. Evey pic on that Lizzo shoot was album cover worthy coming in 2035.

tea, slaybellz, Laurence and 9 others like this.
  7. That promo pic would make a better album cover.

Mikal likes this.
  8. She is the moment.gif

slaybellz, Laurence, Vixen and 2 others like this.
  9. The thumbnail has me SCREAMING !

Vixen and Gemini like this.
  10. RMK

RMK

I didn't like every song on Hot Pink. Most of them were mainly cute for a minute, and this project will likely be the same? At least based off the first two singles.

11. "Need to Know" just gives me usual album track Doja, which is fine. I can see it growing.

12. Dd, the only feuds she's been in being the one she has with Genius

Laurence, Island, dewzero and 5 others like this.
  13. My only issue with the Doja cover is I keep thinking it looks like it was from Little Mix’s Confetti shoot, not David. The back cover is incredible, though.

Lately likes this.
  14. David posted them without text. Gorgeous.

And Doja posted the single cover

15. They're great shots (they would work amazingly as an editorial) but I don't know if they're instant and striking enough for an album cover. The Hot Pink cover is so iconic.

16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

That single cover is a shoot phew.

Vixen, 4Roses, Jersey and 1 other person like this.
  17. Was I imagining it or did she confirm on Twitter that "Need To Know" was a buzz track and not the second single. I thought the second single was The Weeknd collab anyway?

18. Yes, it’s just a pre-release track

Vixen and JXCK94 like this.
  19. Yeah she confirmed it’s a buzz track. The Weekend collab is meant to be the next single. It’s kind of similar with Hot Pink, I’m sure Rules and Cyber Sex came out before the album dropped along with videos for both but they weren’t actual singles

20. This would have been a better single cover.

blaze_dave likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.