Doja Cat - Planet Her | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

Doja Cat - Planet Her

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jan 27, 2021.

1. If these are video looks, I'm afraid it's going to be a total collapse.

2. I know she doesn't mean it's "shit" but I kii'd at "this ain't even the single it's just some shit to hold you over."

soratami likes this.
  3. Why not hold us over with a good song

4. I’m actually so surprised people aren’t into the cover and the visuals. They’re all stunning and far more interesting in my opinion than a lot of what’s being done in general right now. I do agree that the back of the album cover is better than the front but they’re both stunning to these eyes. The Need to Know cover is also such a serve. I haven’t heard the song yet and the reactions here are making me nervous, but I’m sure I’ll actually like it.

Duppe, Jordtayylor and Leis like this.
  5. The song isn't bad, but not necessarily doing much as far as the production goes. Doja unsurprisingly makes it. Works perfect as a pre-release moment.

Truce likes this.
  6. When are we getting her Feedback? Everything's a bit Hot Pink: Planet Her Edition.

aaronhansome likes this.
  7. I didn't even realize she's nude on the cover. The placement of the white circle is a scream.

8. Dr. Luke has only 3 tracks on the albums … and it’s the three singles. The Weeknd collab is a solo Luke production just like Need To Know.

9. Short preview of “Need to Know” video in the album ad

10. Oh that looks great! Perched.

spaceship likes this.
  11. Island

Island Staff Member

I quite like Need to Know. Her charismatic delivery really elevates the track but for the most part it does work well as just an album track.

Steve003, blaze_dave and mindtrappa like this.
  12. Wait a minute … I just realised that it’s Grimes sitting next to her on the couch in the Need To Know preview.

13. Nn that’s so random

sesita and spaceship like this.
  14. And I think one of the others might be Ryan Destiny?

slaybellz, FINISH LINE and spaceship like this.
  15. OK y'all lied 'cos Need to Know pops right off.

16. Ok this is fire and I much prefer this to the lead.

17. This is lush. The instrumental sounds like something I can't put my finger on which bugs me but I'm bopping.

allyshone likes this.
  18. I grew to love Kiss Me More, but this is much more by vibe.

I also find the instrumental familiar. It gives me Big Racks by Bree Runway vibes.

19. As for the song, Doja shines as usual but the production is a little flat. Maybe the video elevates it.

Her versatility at effortlessly switching from rapping to singing and back remains impressive.

blaze_dave and Lately like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.