Doja Cat - Planet Her | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Doja Cat - Planet Her

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Oh I didn't remember those being released so close to each other. Here's to hoping they do something similar again.

nooniebao and mindtrappa like this.
  2. Taking us to Whoville

3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Feel like with all these latest visuals and the way she's continually performed Say So like it's a brand new song, she's gearing up for a real imperial phase with this new era. Planet Her is such a fantastic title which just makes me even more excited!

4. The way she used the set up of the silhouette challenge for this promo is just such a stroke of genius. I’m so perched for this era.

5. Doja re-appropriating memes that use her songs or name for the past year and a half has been brilliant. Even better that she’s tried to involve the originators themselves somehow.

Mushroom, tea, Gardenia and 6 others like this.
  6. Her live performance game is one of the most consistent and exciting in such a long time. I'm still in awe at how effortlessly she pulled off the djent version of Say So (although I wasn't aware of the controversy over the solo nn)

Mr.Arroz, iRelate, Phloo and 4 others like this.
  7. Yeah, "Say So" (and the handful of other successful tracks she's released during Hot Pink) really set her up for something properly massive with Planet Her – just in terms of presentation and visuals. I haven't been this hyped for a follow up from a new artist in a while. Let me start manifesting the inevitable David LaChapelle photoshoot.

Up Down Suite, 2014, Hyrulian and 5 others like this.
  8. Fixed it for you xx

iRelate likes this.
  9. Brett gave a very insightful interview about the "Streets" video and his relationship with Doja. A small tidbit regarding Planet Her included:

https://graziamagazine.com/articles/doja-cat-streets-music-video/

Any theories? Thierry Mugler is the only designer that comes to mind, but that feels too obvious and has been done already by Cardi. She has been wearing a lot of Vivienne Westwood lately and was in an archive piece during a livestream recently.

Island, nooniebao, He and 3 others like this.
  10. Gaultier maybe? Mugler would be a MOMENT though

mindtrappa likes this.
  11. Ooh, Gaultier is a good one. Hmmm. It sounds like someone who doesn't loan out looks often; Thierry is the only one I know that was notorious for being very selective about lending pieces, but he's been doing it more and more since his retrospective. Alexander McQueen is another I could see.

Andy French likes this.
  12. tea

tea

I'm obsessed with the new Streets remix by Disclosure.

13. Imagine if they worked on Planet Her

14. tea

tea

A brand new Disclosure x Doja track would melt me into a puddle teebs

spaceship likes this.
  15. Her shop now has links to UMG despite being signed to RCA/Sony. Is that strange to anyone else?

https://shop.dojacat.com/

16. I’m guessing they could be handling her merch

nooniebao likes this.
  17. I guess her new logo is in the code on the site as well. Could she be launching right after the Grammys?

from the Hot Pink thread:

spaceship likes this.
  18. Maybe it means nothing, but they also did some housekeeping to her Apple Music profile. Hot Pink now has an animated cover.

mindtrappa likes this.
  19. The Disclosure remix for Streets got me really excited for Planet Her.

tea likes this.
  20. Her store is now password protected so it most probably seems that we're getting new merch after the Grammys performance. Perched.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.