Doja Cat - Planet Her | Page 61 | The Popjustice Forum

Doja Cat - Planet Her

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Bottom Bitch and Talk Dirty remain the crown jewels of Hot Pink.

2. RMK

RMK

Yeah, to be honest, I get PR tactic out of that more than anything. And that isn't bad, that is what anyone in her position would do. She clearly doesn't like him.

slaybellz and spaceship like this.
  3. Is there a chance Kiss Me More could hit #1?

4. No, predictions have it at #3.

Txetxu and spaceship like this.
  5. HDD has this coming in at 110k copies sold, landing at #2 behind Tyler The Creator.

4Roses, He, johnny_tsunami and 11 others like this.
  6. Annoying that another week it would have very likely been number 1 . Still this great though Hot Pink I think went top 20 in its debut opening week so this is a massive step up . She will likely I reckon have more longevity than Tyler in the long run also .

He, Txetxu and spaceship like this.
  7. They really kind of fucked up not having any additional physical editions ready, although I understand why that wasn’t possible. I’m sure she’ll be happy about this regardless, since she’s a Tyler stan, so she’s in good company.

superloves likes this.
  8. I’ve decided that Get Into It (Yuh) is the best song released by a recording artist in 2021.

9. Every day I have a different song stuck in my head.

Steve003, He, bazayer and 6 others like this.
  10. This album is such a grower. I mean I liked it upon first listen but now I’m obsessed.

Steve003, He and blaze_dave like this.
  11. "Ain't Shit" performance. I'm screaming at the backing vocals

Mr.Arroz, tea, 4Roses and 16 others like this.
  12. Seems like we're getting a series of high budget Vevo performances similar to what The Weeknd did. Perched.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Planet Her made it to #3 in the UK albums chart yath xx

tea, 4Roses, Mikal and 18 others like this.
  14. You Right also made top 10 in the UK at number 9 .

Ain’t Shit also made top 30 and number 29 .

tea, 4Roses, Mikal and 11 others like this.
  15. The album is good, very cohesive which is good and bad. It suffers from sounding a bit samey at times. Tbh I prefer Hot Pink as it had more experimental tracks, and felt a bit more playful. This feels, for better and for worse, like a produced album.

CaliDevotion likes this.
  16. The album is so good! Kinda reminds me of something from around the time when Loud/Pink Friday and the like came out

Truce, Andy French and mindtrappa like this.
  17. I can’t remember which interview it was but she did say she wanted this to be more of a body of work and that she didn’t want songs that stick out like they did on Hot Pink (although I think there are still plenty of standouts here). I can understand why that might not be the vibe for some people, though.

He and Andy French like this.
  18. This very much opened itself up to me with repeated listens, like positions. Yes, it's a vibe, it's a mood but I think that's the point. It's very rich and meticulously made if you take the time to immerse yourself in it. The Apple interview also helped a ton.

blaze_dave, Andy French and Truce like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.