Doja Cat - Planet Her | Page 86 | The Popjustice Forum

Doja Cat - Planet Her

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jan 27, 2021.

1. For someone who doesn’t ever (as far as I’ve seen?) sing live for award shows etc, her live vocals are really decent, considering how she’s dancing and working the stage.

2. The only award show I've seen her lip at was for the VMAs this year, and even that was only partially. Her live vocals are more apparent in the Global Citizen videos because it's not mixed like a television broadcast would be.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  3. I’m pretty sure she wasn’t singing live for Say So at the EMAs, Kiss Me More at the BBMAs nor the couple of award show medleys we’ve had this year and last. I could be wrong though, and it’s understandable if she wasn’t singing, all of them were quite elaborate performances.

Nonetheless, the point still stands - she can do it all, and do it all well.

4. I think most performances for every award shows last year were lipped, it wasn't really her choice.

5. Those were all pre-taped, though. It's not lipping as much as it is compiling several takes and dubbing it with the best vocal.

6. RMK

RMK

That's definitely considered lipping. If you aren't singing live in the moment and going off some sort of track, it just isn't live.

Mikal and dirtypony like this.
  7. Is it then just considered a music video if they cut together different takes? And does it cancel out the "lipping" if it's a music video?

[​IMG]

He and lushLuck like this.
  8. I managed to snatch tickets for a (Red) event on Wednesday and she's also performing. Announce a proper tour already Mrs. Dlamini.

Lately likes this.
  9. They played Naked in the pre-gig playlist before Bree Runway came on last night and it went OFFFFFF. Banger.

Steve003, tea, Lately and 1 other person like this.
  10. She performed at the Balmain show tonight

11. I've been so obsessed with Naked lately I need her to be the next smash.

12. Not this Candy Crush paid partnership! FarmVille whomst?

tea and mindtrappa like this.
  13. Did we know that she’s apparently dating Y2K (co-producer of multiple Planet Her songs)?

spaceship likes this.
  14. nooniebao likes this.
  15. RMK

RMK

Wow, and his material is solid outside of Planet Her too.

Steam his bop with JoJo!

lushLuck and sesita like this.
  16. Yes dd. I remember her stans panicking a couple months ago that people actually believed her and Bree were dating and fearing that she would get cancelled again for queerbaiting when they found out who she was really dating.

nooniebao likes this.
  17. Doja is bi so that’s weird they’d freak out about the Bree stuff nn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.