Doja Cat - Planet Her

Status
Not open for further replies.
he/him
For someone who doesn’t ever (as far as I’ve seen?) sing live for award shows etc, her live vocals are really decent, considering how she’s dancing and working the stage.

The only award show I've seen her lip at was for the VMAs this year, and even that was only partially. Her live vocals are more apparent in the Global Citizen videos because it's not mixed like a television broadcast would be.

Last edited:
The only award show I've seen her lip at was for the VMAs this year.
I’m pretty sure she wasn’t singing live for Say So at the EMAs, Kiss Me More at the BBMAs nor the couple of award show medleys we’ve had this year and last. I could be wrong though, and it’s understandable if she wasn’t singing, all of them were quite elaborate performances.

Nonetheless, the point still stands - she can do it all, and do it all well.

he/him
That's definitely considered lipping. If you aren't singing live in the moment and going off some sort of track, it just isn't live.

Is it then just considered a music video if they cut together different takes? And does it cancel out the "lipping" if it's a music video?

200.gif

Did we know that she’s apparently dating Y2K (co-producer of multiple Planet Her songs)?

Yes dd. I remember her stans panicking a couple months ago that people actually believed her and Bree were dating and fearing that she would get cancelled again for queerbaiting when they found out who she was really dating.

Status
Not open for further replies.